T W E N T Y S I X

"God, I wish you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you

"God, I wish you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you."- Traitor, Olivia Rodrigo

ALL NADILYA COULD THINK ABOUT WAS KLAUS MIKAELSON.

Her thoughts were consumed with the man and how she knew him. When her uncle broke her curse, every memory from every life she lived was recollected and yet, the events between her and Klaus were forgotten. There was also the question of how Rebekah knew her and why Elijah didn't; too many questions and not enough answers.

"So, why did you bring me out here?"

Her thoughts had taken over and Nadilya had forgotten where she was. She brought Damon out to the empty clearing where she had stayed the night she overheard him and Elena had their moment and she felt this was the appropriate place to end theirs.

"Damon, we can't do this anymore."

A confused look adorned the face of the man she used to adore.

"What do you mean?"

"Us. We can't be 'us' anymore."

"Where is this even coming from?"

"I think I've known for a while but it didn't really click until to a few days ago."

"What do you mean 'click'? I thought we were doing fine."

"I see the way you look at Elena, and it isn't the same way you look at me."

"Lia, what the hell are you talking about? I don't look at her like that."

"I don't know if anyone has told you or hell, if you even know yourself, but, you're in love with Elena."

A look of shock crossed his face before he immediately shook it away and Nadilya could tell that her words opened the floodgate.

"No, I'm not. I love you and Elena loves Stefan."

"But, you're not in love with me."

"It's the same thing."

"No, Damon, it's not. You mean to tell me that you love me the same way you love Elena?"

Damon was silent and Nadilya let out a small laugh.

 "That's okay; you're not in love with me and we shouldn't be together if you aren't."

"Elena loves Stefan."

"But if she said she was in love with you, you mean to tell me you wouldn't be with her in a second?"

Damon's eyes turned towards the floor and Nadilya's heart sank. Her worst fear in their relationship had come true and she hated how she was right.