O N E

"THE THINGS THAT I LOST HERE AND THE PEOPLE I KNEW

"THE THINGS THAT I LOST HERE AND THE PEOPLE I KNEW." - Noah Kahan, The View Between Villages.

NAIDA GRIMLANE IS AVERAGE. 

At the very least, that's what she considers herself to be. She had average grades, had an average personality (whatever that meant). She wasn't a people person and in favor of people, she would rather curl up with a good book. She didn't consider herself someone who was beautiful; she had brown hair, brown eyes, fair skin. She didn't see herself in league with the beauties in her life like Elena, Bonnie or Caroline; she considered them beautiful. She was the "therapist friend"; always helping others but never herself. So, when Elena and the gang barged into her home, Naida wasn't surprised.

"What's happening now?"

She was barely done with her sentence before Elena just exploded on her.

"I have a thousand-year-old vampire on his way here to kill me."

Naida merely nodded; with this group, it appeared that Elena was a hot comidity.

"So, what are you going to do about it?"

She was going to continue before she was cut off by Damon Salvatore. She wasn't surprised; when it came to Elena, he seemed to be first in line to sacrifice everything for her. She admired it.

"We're going to fight. I will not let him get you."

"It doesn't matter; When Klaus wants something, he always gets it."

A new voice boomed from the back of the room. A tall woman with a nice English accent stepped out from behind the group. This must be one of Damon's friends.

"Rose, Naida. Naida, Rose."

The woman, Rose, looked at Naida with familiar eyes. Naida knew the eyes, but had no idea from where. One of life's mysteries.

"I have been alive for over 500 years and with age comes information. Over the years I've gathered enough information to sufficely say that Klaus is real. And Elijah? He is the Easter Bunny compared to him; a foot soldier at best."

Naida was confused. Elijah? When did they meet this man? And why was her brain trying to rake through her memories trying to find where she knew him from? She doubt that she knew him, considering he was an Original.

"Naida, we have a favor to ask you."

Naida broke away from her thoughts and looked at the doppelganger. She knew that it was coming; they usually come to her when they need something.

"We need to keep him here."

Naida was confused before Stefan dropped something wrapped in a cover on her floor. Her eyes widened as Stefan unwrapped it and there laid a man; desicated with what appeared to be a dagger sticking out of his chest.

"This is Elijah, the Original we were talking about. We need to keep him here because Klaus wouldn't think to look here."

"Of course. What are friends for?"

Elena hugged Naida and thanked the woman before the gang left. Naida let out a sigh; they didn't even have the decency to put the man on her couch or somewhere that wasn't her floor. She walked away to the kitchen to look for a snack so she could probe the man. She had never seen a vampire that was gray and not dead. Damon had explained how Elijah was merely in a coma- state.

"Awaken him."

"Wake Elijah."

Naida would later realize what this was, but at the moment she could only chalk this up to her subconcscious, whispering the words:

"You may come in."

And Naida lifts the dagger from Elijah's chest and watched the life come back into his skin. She watched him for a minute before he jolted with a gasp and took many deep breaths.

"Whe-where am I?"

He looked around before coming face-to-face with Naida.

"Hello there. I'm Naida and you are currently in my home."

He looked confused before he hit his chest.

"Why am I not currently feeling like my lungs are being squeezed between two rocks?"

"Well, I invited you in before removing the blade from your chest."

He nodded before he suspiciously looking back to Naida. He didn't want to believe this could be who he thought it was because if so, Klaus coming to Mystic Falls would only be a matter of time.

"Why did you wake me? It seems your friends went to great lengths to make sure I was daggered."

Naida didn't have words to explain why she did what she did. She would continue to blame her subconcscious for making her hand move.

"Well, from what the gang told me about Klaus, it seems like with you on our side, we would have the best chance at taking him down."

Elijah merely scoffed at her statement.

"With the way your friends treated me, I would hardly say 'our side.'"

Naida understood; if she were daggered after trying to help someone, she would also be ticked off.

"Well, how about this: it can be our side, but we also have the same goal to take down Klaus?"

Elijah seemed to think this over. The man was good at reading people and just from looking at her, he knew he could trust her if she was anything like she was all those years ago.

"Alright. I'll trust you. We're on the same side. Now, I would like to get out of these clothes. I've worn these for a few days and hate how stiff they've become. Would you like to come?"

Naida contemplated if she should. She had already broken friend code by waking the man who appeared to be the enemy but he was already awake and there was no way she could take down an Original. So, she made a decision that would earn her the shame of the gang.

"Sure."

This is a new book that I'm excited to start. Langour and Flesh and Bone aren't discontinued but merely put on hold. I just got stuck in a writer's block but this idea has been stuck in my head for a long time and I hope you guys enjoy it; don't worry, the chapters will be longer.

Thanks for reading! x