E I G H T

"HEART MADE OF GLASS, MY MIND OF STONE

"HEART MADE OF GLASS, MY MIND OF STONE." - Lovely; Billie Eilish

NAIDA GRIMLANE AWOKE IN THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE WITH ONE THOUGHT: WHO WAS SHE? 

Along with countless ideas about why Klaus wouldn't hurt her, a larger part wondered about who she was. She knew she wasn't human; that was about it. Off the top of her head, she didn't know what supernatural creature bled gold blood. On top of that, why didn't she know this earlier? In childhood, children are bound to fall down and scrape their knees; so why couldn't Naida place any memory of her falling down and scraping her knee? Or better yet, why couldn't Naida place any memory of her in her younger years? The oldest memory Naida had was the first day of school when she met Stefan Salvatore. All of this settling in was freaking Naida out and only one person came to mind to help her. So, Naida rapidly grabbed her phone and dialed the one person who could help her.

"Hello?"

"Elijah, I need your help."

Naida's voice sounded frantic and this caused Elijah to sit up in alarm.

"Yes, what is it Naida?"

"I need you to come pick me up from the Salvatore boarding house. Come get me in 5 minutes."

"Of course."

And then she hung up. Naida quickly got dressed in the spare clothes she had placed earlier in the room and as soon as she was finished, Elijah was at the door.

"Come."

Elijah grabbed onto Naida and sped over to a park. Thankfully, it was empty as Elijah saw this to be a serious conversation.

"What is it that you wish to talk to me about?"

"Well, you've been alive for a thousand years right?"

"So I've been told."

"And you've collected years of information on the supernatural and magic items, right?"

Elijah's eyes narrowed with suspiscion; he was intrigued to see where she was going with this.

"Yes I have. Naida, where are you going with this?"

Naida hesitated before she decided it would be better to show the Original instead. She took out her car keys and opened up the tiny switchblade she carried on it. She looked up at Elijah before quickly cutting her palm and Elijah immediately bit into his wrist to heal her  and that was when he saw the gold blood leaking from her palm. Elijah slowly retracted her hand and when he looked up, he saw how frantic she looked. And, with a heavy heart, she whispered: