T W E N T Y O N E

"LET'S LIVE TONIGHT LIKE FIREFLIES

"LET'S LIVE TONIGHT LIKE FIREFLIES." -Beautiful Now, Zedd

NADILYA WAS READY TO KILL STEFAN. AND DAMON. ELENA. PRETTY MUCH ANYONE WHO HAD EVEN AN INKLING OF THIS.

Klaus had come back from the Salvatore house and she had learned that they had staked Rebekah in the back and kept her daggered in the cellar all this time, in her homecoming dress nonetheless. She wanted to go out and burn them alive for treating Rebekah like she was nothing but a piece of gum on the bottom of their shoes. Klaus set her body down one of the nearby construction tables and Nadilya's heart ached at her in her homecoming dress; seemingly awaiting a ball that would never come for her. 

"Here we are, Rebekah. Home, sweet home. Only took a thousand years. And to think, I was counting on you being here with me, with us. But that's all in the past now, isn't it?"

Nadilya sighed as she walked over to Klaus and grabbed his hand. He looked to her and lowly scoffed.

"What, are you going to make a case for Rebekah and how she shouldn't repent for what she did to me? To us?"

"I will say this: how long have you spent fighting with everyone in life? How many years did you leave Rebekah in her coffin for petty things and the like? How long were you alone for because of the petty things? You and Rebekah and Elijah will always retaliate against one another, no indiscretion is too small. But, when is enough enough? As long as you guys treat each other this wya, you guys will never truly begin to mend your bond. You guys have been through so much shit together and the fact that you would let minor things come in-between you guys is insane; yes, I know that because of her, I almost died and you almost died. But, my life, you didn't even tell her that it was you who killed your mother. If you just explained everything to her and not treated her like she was some china doll who's job was to sit there and look pretty, then maybe she wouldn't have reacted like this and maybe we wouldn't have almost died. All I ask of you is that for once, you be the bigger person. She's your little sister, Klaus, and she's bound to mess up but your job as her older brother is to make sure she feels like she can be comfortable around you and not have to walk on eggshells just to make you feel better. This time, help her."

Klaus had started to tear up at Nadilya's speech and she couldn't help but reciprocate it herself. As they stood together, each reeling in what the goddess had said, neither saw Rebekah's hand twitch and the small smile that had come across her face, signaling she had heard a good chunk of the speech. The duo let go when they heard Rebekah let out a small sigh and slowly opened her eyes. They walked over to her on the table and Nadilya could see Klaus wanting to serve vengeance to Rebekah and just when she thought he was going to revert back to his ways, she saw him grab Rebekah's hand and she knew that he was slowly starting to move forward.

"Brother, I am so sorry for luring you here with Mikael. I was just so angry at you after learning about Mother that I just, for once, wanted to hurt you as you had hurt me. But, the moment I did it, I regretted it. Even after all these years, it's been you and I and I am so sorry about everything. And you too, Nadilya. I am so sorry."

Tears had sprouted in Rebekah's eyes as she apologized to the most important people in her life and Nadilya merely caressed her hair as she smiled at the blonde.

"Oh Rebekah, I could never hate you; I understand why you did what you did and what was going on in your head as you did and the fact that you show remorse is enough to tell me everything."

The girls turn towards Klaus who had yet to say anything and he looked Nadilya in the eyes before turning to Rebekah.

"When I found out you were in on the plot to kill me, I couldn't fathom it. The idea that you, the one who has been by my side for a thousand years, would be the one to kill me seemed unthinkable. So, when we survived Mikael's attempt and killed him, all I wanted to do was exact revenge against you for even thinking about it. But, when I talked to Nadilya,