E L E V E N

"WHATEVER NIGHT SWALLOWS ME, I DON'T GIVE UP

"WHATEVER NIGHT SWALLOWS ME, I DON'T GIVE UP." -Louder Than Bombs, BTS

Klaus brought Naida to the sight of the ritual at Steven's Quarry. There, she saw Elena, Jenna and the blonde woman, presumed to be Jules, in three circles of fire. He let go of her to reach into his pocket to grab the moonstone.

"I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this; I hate to part with it."

The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?"

"I remember."

Naida wandered closer to the three women and Jenna's and Elena's eyes widened in surprise.

"Naida? What are you doing here? And why did you come with him?"

Naida motioned for Elena to lower her voice and quickly looked behind her to see if Klaus was looking at them.

'To save Jenna.'

Elena and Jenna were both confused and went to continue to talk until Jules moaned out in pain.

"Everything I did was me trying to help Tyler."

Elena walkes closer to the center to get a better look at the woman.

"Are you Jules?"

"I didn't want him to be alone."

"Shall we?"

Klaus started to walk forward but Naida stopped him from getting to close to the circle. Klaus raised his eyebrows and Greta stopped chanting for a moment to see what the holdup was. Naida started to walk forward and Klaus went to stop her.

"Nadilya, you can't--"

As Naida neared the circle, the flames lowered and didn't rise like they did with everyone else. Klaus looked to Greta whose face had paled. She was a powerful witch and no one had been able to overcome her magic before.

"I want to take your pain."

Naida lowered her hands to Jules and try as she might, Jules couldn't fight her. The familiar green glow overcame Naida and this time, she could feel her eyes change into the familiar forest green and ocean blue. She could feel all of Jules' fear and pain start to transfer into her and it was taking a harsher toll on her than taking away Elena's vampirism. Klaus started to walk towards the circle to get to her but the flames went back up and acted as a protection spell. Klaus once again turned to Greta who had started chanting again and who could only offer a shrug as an explanation.

"I'm sorry."

With a heavy heart, Naida backed out of the circle and the flames once again dialed down. She sat down on the ground behind Klaus and held her hands. Klaus gave the girl a glance before walking towards Jules and this time, the circle of flames disappeared. Jules' eyes became their familiar sun yellow and she ran at Klaus. Although a valiant effort, she was easily overtaken by Klaus and he reached into her chest and pulled her heart out. Naida could feel Jules' life force being taken away from her and the pain became too much to the point all Naida could do was scream; the kind of scream that was heavy on Klaus' heart. He looked over to her and saw tears streaming down her face. Jenna and Elena were scared shitless for the girl and how she was going to save Jenna.