T H R E E

"I LOOK AT YOU AND DREAM"- BTS; MIKROKOSMOS

NAIDA NEVER IMAGINED SHE WOULD SEE AN ORIGINAL QUESTION WHY HAMBURGERS EXIST.

"They are a filthy food whose sole purpose is to drop ketchup and mustard all over you."

Naida laughed at this; her favorite meal would be a double-decker hamgurger with fries and a diet coke.

"Elijah, maybe if you didn't hold it like a child you didn't like, it would probably stay together."

Elijah scowled at Naida while the girl laughed. The gang had portrayed Elijah to be this unforgiving killer and now that Naida got the chance to know him, she could see that wasn't the case.

"You know Elijah, I have a feeling we're going to be an amazing team."

Elijah smiled. The last time she had made the same sentiment, they were all human without a care in the world.

"I appreciate that. Your friend Elena and her friends did not make it easy to help them."

"Well, all of this is very confusing and knowing who to trust is another daunting task. If it helps, I can help make amends and then we can all be on the same team?"

Elijah thought this over before he gave a tiny nod.

"Should we make amends then great; if not, I will simply continue my plan without them."

Naida thought this over before nodding. Elena and the gang had always did everything themselves and hadn't included Naida. Now, Naida was in the midst of everyone's plan. She didn't know how she felt about her promotion from supportive cast to a main character.

"How about I walk you home to cheer us up from this sad talk?"

Naida thought about and gave him a smile.

"I would like that."

Naida had lived close to the girls all her life. They had all lived in the same neighborhood and yet Naida could never truly get into their little trio. Try as she may, there was just something blocking them from truly accepting her and she could never figure out what. So when she and Elijah passed Elena's house and saw the trio inside for what appeared to be a sleepover, she couldn't help but feel left out.

"You know, I've tried for years to get into their group and as hard as I tried, I just never could."

The duo had stopped and stared into the window that showed Elena, Bonnie and Caroline having a discussion with Jenna. Elijah felt pity for the girl; why the group had pushed Naida aside was an idea Elijah thought about all the time.

"Well, from the short period that I've known you, I'm glad to be your friend."

Naida looked over at him and Elijah could see the tears brimming her eyes. That's the first time Naida had heard someone say they were happy to be her friend and she couldn't help the tears that were brought to her eyes. Elijah let out a chuckle before pulling the girl into a hug.

"Remember Naida, you are so much stronger than they ever could be."

And with a whoosh, Elijah was gone and Naida was left in the street with the group looking back at her.

"Naida honey, how are you?"

Naida gave Jenna a small smile as the woman poured her a cup of coffee. Naida would hate the words, but Jenna was a more real mother than her actual mother was.

"I've actually been great. Thank you for asking."

"So, what are you going to do tomorrow?"

Naida looked quzzled for a moment before the dread set in of tommorrow's date. It was her parent's death.

"I'm going to go visit them, and maybe just spend the day there."

Jenna gave the girl a hug and the rest of the group joined in.

"So, what were you guys talking about before I got here?"

The group looked around at one another before Caroline jumped in.

"It's a sad topic which we can discuss later but right now you know what we need? Dancing. And there's a band at The Grill."

She looked at each of the girls before they all said one phrase.

"I'm in."

As soon as they walked in Naida became entranced with the music. It felt like it was calling her and she immedaitely shook the feeling and stuck with the group. She saw Jenna go over to the bar after seeing Ric and Matt swung by the group and Naida could see Caroline's eyes light up at the boy.

"Hey Matt."

"Hey Naida."

Matt had completely ignored the group except for Naida and all she could muster up was a small wave. Caroline looked sad at this and Naida didn't understand why.

"Caroline and Matt have this weird thing going on and Caroline, he's saying the ball is in your court."

Naida looked surprised at this; big time popular girl Caroline goes for the sweet, hometown boy.

"Yeah but I can't do anything about it."

"Why not? All you do is talk about how much you care about him."

"Bonnie, I'm still keeping lots of secrets from him."

Elena gave her a look before motioning over to Alaric.

"Ric is in the same boat with Jenna."

Naida let out a sigh; she was left out of the loop again.

"Why?"

"It's about Isobel, my birth mom and that she's here as a vampire but Ric can't tell her because she doesn't know about our new world yet."

Naida let out a gasp of surprise before settling down and junping into the coversation.

"Well, maybe that's the mistake. You guys are trying so hard to protect the people you love by keeping them out of it but in the end they find out and get hurt anyway."

The group turned to Naida and the girl blushed by the sudden attention but the group was amazed at the advice and didn't know why they didn't talk to her more often. Then, Caroline jumps onto the stage and starts to perform a song for Matt. As the song goes on, Naida starts to wonder if she could have an epic love like that. The people around her forget about her so what if her partner did to? Naida is broken out of her thoughts by clapping to see Matt and Caroline kissing on stage. She joins along clapping and as she does, there was only one thought on her mind.

'Will I get a happy ending?'

Thank you for reading! x

!! CREDIT TO THE ARTIST !!