𝟐 → 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐧, 𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦 𝐩𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩

" 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬"

◤◢

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧. Although she had a fear of being up in a metal box for more than three hours, the sleeping pills helped. Next thing she knew, she was in London, England.

Ines rushed herself and her daughter out of the plane to customs and finally, they made it out of the airport after retrieving their luggage. Mid-August was chilly and when Ines told Estelle that it snowed during the winter, Estelle was lifted from the little mind tantrum she was having. At first the thought of cold weather was unbearable considering she was from a sunny and warm state, but if I had to endure the colder weather to get snow for the first time, she would gladly do it.

They had a small van take them to their new two bedroom apartment in central London. Their boxes full of their belongings had only arrived an hour before them. Luckily, there was furniture provided when my mother rented out the place and it was used but they were clean and fitted into the apartment well enough. Ines got the bigger room due to her needed work space and Estelle took the other one.

Within a few hours and a thirty minute break to eat some takeout, they nearly finished the whole apartment minus the few necessities they needed. Estelle was rather proud of her new room. It had a mini balcony and she had upgraded from drawers to a small walk-in closet and still had enough space after her bed was installed.

It was refreshing and exhilarating to be there. She wasn't even thinking of Damon back in Clearwater and if she was, there was so much to do that she had forgotten. But her mind being a human mind, the minute she had got peace in her bed that night, she couldn't sleep. Just like the night before and the night before that one, memories flooded her mind.

Skin, lips, hair, hands, cologne, beach dates, sneaking out, skin, lips, hands, hair, cologne...

Over and over again. She couldn't sleep. It was driving her painfully mad. In an attempt to cheer her mood and help herself drift to sleep, she picked up her phone and checked all the notifications.

There wasn't much to say, but it did not make her feel better. Posts with everyone enjoying the mid- August fair and doing fun things with friends made her homesick. Everyone had friends in Clearwater. No one wasn't doing something without someone else in Clearwater. But in England she had no friends or social life whatsoever.

When she accidently clicked on an active group chat, Estelle instantly regretted every life decision she made. Her tiny icon that looked like her popped up and seeing " elle🦋 has opened the chat " really made her want to jump off of the balcony.