𝟒 → 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲

" 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠"

◤◢

𝐒𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞. No one seemed to understand that she wanted to know nothing about Damon and she clearly didn't want to know who his supposed new girlfriend was if he did have one. She didn't want to confirm it nor believe it. So she logged out of her main accounts and only used her spam accounts if she needed to see something on social media.

Estelle kept herself active and off her phone as much as I could. She used the time to get used to the train scheduling and what led where and improving her drawing. It wasn't much help as by the end of the night, she was still kept moping over him.

" Maybe you could learn a new language. You already know Spanish and some Portuguese. French is rather popular here."

Estelle shook her head at her mother in a playful way, " Maybe. It could be useful."

" You took off your ring?" Ines pointed in the direction of Estelle's hand. In her heart, she was happy as she thought her daughter had gotten over her heartbreak, but it didn't last.

" No, I lost it by accident three days ago."

" It's a possible sign."

Estelle raised her eyebrow, " A sign of what?"

" Well, maybe it's time to move on. It's an opportunity to move along with your life without Damon. There's many other people out there."

Maybe it was a sign. If she had lost Damon's ring and kept getting notifications about him and his supposed new girl, maybe it was a sign that she had to move on. He clearly had. It was nearing a month since the break up and anyone she knew had always gotten over any break up by then. She thought to herself and agreed that it could have been a sign, but she wasn't certain.

" You're probably right. But let's stop talking about Damon, I haven't really gotten over it yet. How's work?"

" It's very good. The office is very nice and everyone is nice besides when they are all fighting for coffee. I'm not the only transfer over there. Three are from America, two others are from Venezuela and a few are from Spain or France."

" That's cool, mami." She smiled as her mother continued to ramble about her new job and one of her new work friends.

Estelle had wanted to see her mother happy for so long and now she was. The move was hard on herself, yes, but as long as her mom had some sense of happiness, Estelle would endure anything.