𝟖 → 𝐥𝐨𝐮, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧

" 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭"

◤◢

𝐋𝐨𝐮𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐨𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲. So, it was normal as to why she felt a little nervous talking to him on facetime, but she was lonely and wanted to talk with someone in her time zone. She clicked the green button on her phone once it rang with Louis' name appearing.

Louis was sitting at some sort of desk in what looked like his room. He smiled at Estelle, who was in her living room getting pillows and blankets ready to build. 

" Hello, Miss Estelle."

" Why hello there, Mr. Partridge." 

He chuckled, " So, what are we working with?"

" I have about twenty or more pillows, ten blankets and a semi-large living room." 

" We can work with that." 

Little by little and close to an hour later, Estelle had built an excellent fort. With Louis' input, Estelle had created a fort that was open and bright with some of the portable fairy lights she put in. She had her computer and snacks inside with so many pillows and blankets that it could have drowned her. She grabbed her phone and took it inside of the fort, balancing it against a pillow. 

" I have to say, this is better than I expected it to turn out." 

" When you're talking to an expert in fort building, it's always better than imagined. I used to build forts with my sisters when I was younger, but I haven't been able recently with all of us being so busy with summer work and school only ended a month ago." 

" Your school ends in July? Mine ends in late June." 

" Lucky you." He smiled. " It's stressful." 

" I hate that stress feeling, but luckily I always had some pastimes to let out all that stress." Estelle grabbed a piece of candy from her candy stash she recently bought.

" And what is it?" 

" One, eat candy." She showed him the candy wrapper. " Two, lay down and read and three, go surfing. Those three things kept me from going insane in school." 

" Number one is always a good choice." Louis started rummaging through his desk. " I know I left a bag of sour patches here. I swear if Issie took them- ah! Here they are...with like ten missing." 

" Candy snatchers got you?" She giggled knowing the feeling of getting robbed of candy as Gracie did it often.

" Oh, yeah and there's hardly any left."

" Okay, but what about you? What do you have as a pastime?" 

" I like playing the piano. I find it relaxing. You just get in the zone and it's really relaxing." 

" How good do you think you are?" 

Louis, sensing she was probably testing if he could or could not play piano, stood up from his desk and began walking. " I'm rather good. I can show you if you want." 

" Sure." 

From what she could see, Louis was walking through a hallway and he stopped at what looked like a corner of a house and there was window on his right. He put the phone up and balanced it on the piano. Estelle waited patiently as he gave her nervous smile and put his hands on the keys and began to play. 

The notes were full of life, slow with the notes going up and down - almost like the tone of love - as his fingers danced across the keys. A beautiful and musical melody filling his home and her heart. It was gracious to see how peaceful he was playing. It was a magnificent thing knowing how hectic and energetic he could be.

Estelle was concentrated on how he was playing and then lost it in it from watching him. She analyzed how his face was so focused at the task at hand. It was attractive to say least.

Louis refrained himself the first few times, but eventually he couldn't help himself from glancing up to his phone to see Estelle and her reaction. Her head was in her palm and her eyes were centered on him, not wandering around. A bubbly and fluttery feeling warmed his stomach knowing she was interested in what he was doing. He couldn't help, but smile at it. When the song ended, he was a light shade of pink.

" Very wonderful if I say so myself." He bragged sending her a sheepish smile. 

" It was very beautiful." She complimented. " I really liked it." 

" Whenever you want someone to serenade you, I'm right here." 

As much as it seemed like a joke to her as she playfully rolled her eyes, he fully meant it. He didn't have a clue why he said it - if he did, it was a small one - but he did. 

He got up from the piano and headed for his room before his sisters could hear, " Enough piano playing, we need to choose a movie. Have any ideas?" 

Much to her surprise, she kept her cool, " I have no idea. Maybe an action or thriller movie?"

" I can give you an excellent recommendation." 

" All ears." 

" The Notebook." 

Estelle gave him the " are you serious" look, " The Notebook? You are kidding, right? That's some lovey dovey romance movie."

Unknown to the boy she was speaking to, Estelle a fan of romance movies. She didn't completely hate them, but of course - side effect number two of a breakup: romance movies aren't your favorite for some time.

" The Notebook is an amazing movie and the book is great as well. Have you ever even watched it?" He had entered what looked like his room and laid down on a bed with his arm behind his head.

" Okay, I have not. I will admit that." 

" Therefore, you don't get to comment on it until you watch it. Put it on! I promise you'll be crying by the end of it." 

" So you're telling me that you cried watching this movie?" 

" Yes, I have." He smirked. " I am in touch with my emotions and I am not ashamed by them."

" Touché." Estelle gave in. 

After some mishaps and minor technical issues later, Estelle was sharing her computer screen with Louis' and she was starting the movie. She was sure that she wouldn't cry for some sad movie. She had cried when she first watched " Titanic", but she was sure she wouldn't shed even a tear for some movie that she already decided was mediocre.

Alas, that was lie.  

— ☆*: .。. ⋄▽⋄ .。.:*☆—

nova speaks - The Notebook is such a good movie and I will admit I cried a little watching it for the first time. This chapter was so cute and I think it shows the development of friendship (and a sprinkle of romance) between both of them - sharing talents and watching movies with each other. It's a bit of a rest from all chaos of Estelle's life, but we soon be thrown back into it. 

with love - nova