𝟔 → 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 "𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬"

" 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭"

◤◢

𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚. She hardly knew Lively and she didn't know any of the friends in her little group other than Louis, who she had a brief conversation with, but she wanted to make some new friends. It was lonely without someone there to do random stuff with.

There was no Gracie who baked using weird combinations, there was no Vicky who she would skateboard and surf with, there was no CJ that blasted music in her room and danced like crazy, there was no Lola to go study or shopping with and there was no Carrie to be at work with on the beach to laugh and throw small pieces of paper and ice at each other during duty. She had no one there other than herself and her mother.

So, it was an opportunity to make some new friends and, who knew, maybe they would become her new best friends.

" Mami?" She asked that night when she was watching a movie on the living room television and her mother was making dinner in the kitchen.

" Yes?"

" Is it okay if I go out tomorrow with some new friends?" Estelle asked, worried her mother might say no. " They're going to Hyde Park tomorrow at noon to hang out and drink some tea or something. It's five of them."

Ines listened, but she only hummed in response. She had wanted Estelle to make friends more than ever. Although she wasn't sure about letting her go out with some people she didn't know, it was better than her being cooped up in the apartment crying.

" Okay, you can go, but I want you home by nine and that's me being generous."

Estelle clapped her hands in excitement, " Thank you!"

Estelle was still jumping with happiness that her mom allowed her to go out with new friends and Ines couldn't help, but smile watching her daughter getting all bubbly. It had been a long time since she's seen her that way. She remembered the day that Estelle came home, completely sobbing and she didn't explain anything to her. The next day when she came downstairs to get breakfast, she looked like a mess. Ines hated seeing her that way, but now with her daughter was finally coming around, Ines knew she made the right decision with letting her go out.

" Be careful and don't do anything stupid. If I find out you did-"

" I won't, I promise."