𝟏𝟑 → 𝐧𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭

" 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞? "

◤◢

𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 "𝐢𝐭" 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞. It was odd to say, but it was truth. They were the couple everyone wanted to be Estelle had met Damon when they were little kids - tiny tots that knew nothing of the world or what was to come. They grew up and ended up in the same group, the same circle of friends.

He was lifeguard and so was she. They had shifts togethers, so naturally they were together for a long period of time. They surfed together, spent their days together laughed together. It was a wonder how they didn't fall for each other faster. There was a day they both remembered that marked the beginning journey if their relationship.

It was the summer fair back when they were both thirteen. Vicky, Gracie, Lola, Carrie, Richard, Damon, Estelle and a few other friends from different cliques and the lifeguard crew were all out together at the fair. It was the August fair and they all had begged for permission to go by themselves in a group. With a little wavering, they were all able to go in a group. They played games, went through the mirror room, rode some game and ate cotton candy.

It had gotten cold and Kevin - one of Damon's cousins that came to visit - had spilt a drink on Estelle. She forgave him, but she was freezing. Damon took off his sweater, forced her to put it on and hugged her to keep her warm. Damon kept by her side and eventually, he was the one who walked her home. He kissed her cheek and she stumbled backwards hitting the door when he left.

Estelle always smiled at the memory. Young and native love.

It was memory she, then, chose to bury. Nonetheless, she thought about it nightly ever since Damon called. She was in love still. Or was she? There was no answer to herself and the line between reality and denial was blurring to a dangerous level - even more when it seemed like Damon would never go away.

Damon kept coming back. He texted her, tried to talk to her and every time she would agree to speak, it was the same sentence hitting her all over again.

I love you, but I love someone else too.

He always said it and he always reminded her no matter what they were talking about. Estelle questioned his intentions, but the line was blurring to a point where it was nearly nonexistent. He loved her, so she had to stay. She loved him, but he didn't stay. He still had feelings for her, and so did she. She still had feelings for him, but he had feelings for both her and Ava.

It was chaotic. Back and forth, back and forth with no idea where she was going. The night before her first day at Kensington View Academy, Estelle came to a conclusion when Damon left her on read and disappeared. One things she was becoming sure of. A dangerous thought.