𝟐𝟏 → 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

" 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 "

◤◢

𝐋𝐨𝐮𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦 𝐨𝐫 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬. He certainly didn't notice things that they both would have. Of course, he noticed simple things such as a change in someone's behavior if it was bluntly obvious or something simple. So, it was a shock to him when William said that Estelle wasn't so open to him. So, of course, the overthinker in himself freaked and began to overthink it. 

She isn't happy with me? Maybe we're not meant to be together. Maybe it wasn't the right idea. But what if it was? 

Everyone else in the group crossed their fingers and hoped that he wouldn't act like an idiot in front of Estelle. 

" Are you okay, Lou?" Estelle nudged his shoulder. " You seem off today." 

Of course, there was no helping in his situation. 

" Oh uh, yeah, yeah. I'm okay, Estelle." His voice came out scratchy and he let out a fake cough. " I just may be getting a little sick." 

" Well don't get sick too soon." Lively raised her eyebrows. " If you do feel sick, you may want to talk about it to someone."

Lively and William walked away to their last class while Wright and Flora went in a separate direction. Estelle shook her suspicions off as they walked to their final class of the day. 

" We're still on for tonight, right?" Estelle asked. 

" Yeah, of course." Louis put his arm around Estelle. " The fountain at five. Correct?" 

Estelle nodded, " The fountain at five." 

Something hit the atmosphere as Estelle realized that she should put her arm around his waist or do something to return his affection. Her mind went blank and she awkwardly pulled away from him and walked to her seat once they entered the classroom. Overthinking already, Louis took his seat behind Estelle and put his hand on his face.

Estelle and Louis hadn't been dating for long - a little over three weeks - and yet it had felt like they had been dating for months, maybe years. In that forty five minute class, it seemed as if they were strangers in the same room, as if they hadn't spoken two words to each other. Estelle kept her arms folded close to her chest, not looking back at Louis or whispering to him something that either had relevance or none at all to the class.