𝟐𝟒 → 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

" 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

" 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫..."

◤◢

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐩𝐦. It had only been flurries from the passing days and most of the snow had begun to melt. Even as the night came to a close, two lovers, Estelle and Louis, made themselves comfortable on the floor near the balcony of the apartment.

Christmas had come to finish, but New Years was only days away and neither one of them could believe they were going into it with each other. Still with energy in their bodies, they had created a fort that faced the clear balcony door so they (aka Estelle, but Louis encouraged it) could see the snow. They had piles of blankets and pillow, creating a comfy bed for the two of them.

They were surfing through Hulu, Disney + and had landed on Netflix, looking and debating for a movie they would both enjoy. Needless to say, they spent possibly more than twenty minutes looking for one.

" Okay, okay, what about Dirty Dancing? You have to admit that's a good movie."  

" You mean the one where Patrick Swayze dances and says 'nobody puts baby in the corner'? That movie?" 

" Yes, Louis. I know it's not The Notebook, but it's really good." 

Louis scoffed, pushing his hair back with his hand, " Yeah, right. Nothing can ever beat Ryan Gosling." 

" Whatever you say, piano man." 

Louis laid on his side and admired Estelle as she searched her computer for a decent movie to watch. Her hair was partly in her face and a purple blanket was half way thrown over her head. It was something he always admired. She made the simplest thing so easy and graceful to watch - well unless she was try to get up from falling in the snow; now that was a different story. 

She kept putting out suggestions for shows and movies, but Louis didn't hear them. He was distracted, to say the least. He reached forward to take a single small strand of her hair and began to play with it. The somewhat annoyed Dirty Dancing fan attempted to suppress a smile. 

" I have a question, if you don't mind." 

Estelle glanced at him, " Oh yeah?" 

" Have you ever thought about what would have happened if we never met?" 

She shrugged. " Why?" 

" Have you?"

" A few times. Who doesn't think of a few what if questions every now and then?" 

" What do you think would happened?" He ignored her question, trying to answer his own first.

" I mean, if I never left the apartment on the second day I was here, I would have never made it to greenery tea and met Lively. Without Lively, I wouldn't have been introduced to any of you all." She tapped her chin. " I think we would have met at school since we go to the same one, but I don't think we would have been this close."