𝟏𝟏 → 𝐧𝐨 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐨𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫...𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐩𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

" 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬 "

◤◢

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐚𝐠𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐮𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞. He just wanted her to feel better and if getting her a box full of candy was it, so be it. He had gotten her address from Lively. Of course, Lively got suspicious and attempted to get whatever he was trying to do out of him, but gave it to him when she failed. 

Estelle's apartment building was nice and rather expensive. Louis took the elevator all the way to the fifth floor to apartment number 507. Trying to make it some sort of a surprise, Louis put the box in front of the door, moved to side and knocked on the white door. He hoped he wouldn't creep her out.

There was some shuffle and eventually he heard a lock being undone and the door swinging open. Estelle hadn't payed any mind that Louis was to the left of her and instead she was focused on the box. She crouched down and undid the tape on it - not bothering going inside to do it - and let out a gasp when she saw the inside of the box.

It was a small box, but Louis had manage to put some purple confetti in there with array of candy - her favorites scattered in there - with some butterfly stickers, little chocolate kisses beneath and above all the confetti and most of all, two red velvet cupcakes in a mini box. It was perfectly executed and very beautiful. 

Louis had spent a whole two hours making it and both Millie and Issie had come into the living room to spy on what he was doing. He had to shoo them away so many times because they kept making comment and teasing him about doing it for someone he likes. 

Estelle smiled, picked up the box and stood up from the ground. "Who could have left this?" she thought

" So...you like it?" Louis said, effectively scaring the shit out of Estelle. 

" Ah! Oh my-" She breathed out seeing that it was just Louis and not some stranger. " I didn't even see you." 

He laughed, " It was a surprise and it worked." 

Estelle laughed it off and smiled. To Louis' own surprise, Estelle didn't look any different than she usually did. What wasn't the same was how her eyes were an angry and dark red and so were her cheeks like she had been rubbing them a lot. He frowned at them. 

" Why'd you do this?" She asked.

" One of your friends, Gracie, messaged me and asked me if I could make one of these for you since you were under the weather. Blimey, it took so long trying to figure out what I was doing and how to do it."

" Thank you, Louis." She looked down. " I'm sorry I ghosted you all. I just needed time for myself, but I definitely didn't need to do that."

" It's not that we're mad, we got worried." He expressed his concern by placing a hand on her shoulder. " Do you want to talk about it?" 

Estelle nodded. She couldn't talk about it to her mom since she didn't feel comfortable. She didn't want to talk to Gracie or Carrie or anyone else in her group back in Clearwater because they couldn't comfort her the way she wanted to be; she knew it wasn't their fault they couldn't since she wasn't physically there. She felt ashamed leaving everyone hanging in her new friend group so she never contacted them, but with Louis there and yearning to listen to her, she said yes.

Estelle stepped to the side and Louis entered the Blankley apartment. Stepping into the apartment, Louis felt as if he had stepped into a different dimension. The apartments were filled with beiges, whites and light shades of blue ( a beachy theme with a few twists ) with few plants in the corner of hanging near the window. The cozy apartment smelt similar to a candle that he owned - Cinnamon Apple and Oats.

Based on the décor, he could tell that Estelle helped decorate. It was too much like her - alive and cozy. She lead him to the couch where they both sat down and faced each other. She handed him one of the candies and he happily ate it - he still hadn't gotten the sour patch that was eaten by his sister back. 

Calmly and slightly more stable this time around, Estelle explained and expanded his knowledge on what he already knew. She shed a tear or two, but with someone there, she felt hopeful. Louis did not take pity on her, in fact, he thought she was stronger than she appeared to be. To be able to go through what she was going through and to be building herself back up only days later was a strength not many had. 

" I guess, there's no cure whatsoever...unless it's red velvet cupcakes." She very much enjoyed eating red velvet cupcakes and no matter what her challenge was, she would never turn down the opportunity to eat one. 

Apparently, Louis' mother had made the cupcakes and he packed two of them for her. They were the best thing she ever had. 

" I'm glad you are acknowledging your feelings." Louis smiled, trying to lift her mood. " Not many do, but your feelings are real and they matter. Never feel as if they don't." 

" It's odd you say that since I was just about to apologize for being all sad." 

" Never say that to me unless you want me to rant on and on about valid feelings. I've learned from my family that no matter who you are, you always have the right to feel what you feel." 

" Thank you, Lou." 

Lou's heart fluttered just as it did when she first called him "Lou" in the tea shop when he returned the lost ring to her. There was something melodic in her voice that made him want to be around her every second of the day simply to hear her say his name. But alas, he pushed it away. She was his friend and nothing else. 

" Of course, star girl." He pulled her into a hug. She quickly reciprocated it and buried her face in the crook of his neck. " I'm always here for you."

— ☆*: .。. ⋄▽⋄ .。.:*☆—

nova speaks - short chapter, but I'm falling into love all over again. A CANDY PACKAGE? THAT HE MADE HIMSELF AND HE REMEMBERED THAT SHE LOVED RED VELVET CUPCAKES? Yet he has the audacity to call her a friend like open your eyes! Who is he? Adrien Agreste? ( yes, I am a Miraculous stan) I also write ahead of chapters so be excited for chapter 12 because I didn't know I could write like that! I hope you all enjoyed!

with love, nova