Scythes and Sparks

Going back to writing like I'm running out of time :)
........................

All in all, Technoblade was very proud of Shield. She was progressing a lot faster than he had expected, maybe Piglins were fast learners.

Then again, the rest of the group hasn't been taking Techno's lessons to heart so, it isn't a Piglin thing.

It's just a Techno and Shield thing.

Techno headed back into the Nether. Why? Well Philza and Wilbur were arguing again about... Well it wasn't actually anything important but Wilbur wanted anything to take out on Phil, who was clearly rubbing him the wrong way, and that was good enough for him. Techno couldn't handle the loud noise so he bailed on Tommy and Tubbo, who were caught in the crossfire. Poor guys, but it's every man for himself. It always has been.

Mace was there to meet him apparently, which was good. It was good to have a distraction from... The argument.

Mace was leaned against the Netherack was in the tunnel. She was mumbling to herself, going back and forth between one thing and the other.

"Hallo."

"Oh- hi Technoblade, I didn't expect to see you."

"Welp, I am here so you might as well stop talking to yourself."

"Yeah." She took a deep breath. "They're weak. They're so weak."

"Mhm. I've noticed. I'm the one training them after all."

"Yes but, there's no way, no possible way for them to stand a chance against the King."

"I know, where are you going with this?"

"They need help."

"Yes. Did you find any?"

"Yes, no, sort of."

"Explain."

"The Power Twins."

"The what?"

"You've never heard of-" she exhaled heavily.

"Okay, there are these guys, twins. They're super strong, like, really really strong. They've been called for guard duty 4 times, maybe more! I'd argue that they're almost as powerful as the King himself."

"Okay, so what's the catch?"

"They're... They like The King."

"Ah okay. So back to the drawing board?"

"Back to the-what-now?"

"Human expression. They're no good?"

"Well, I think I can win them over."

"Oh geez. Okay why haven't you done it yet?"

"I'm thinking a compromise."

"A what."

"Well I give them something they want, like an agreement, and in return they-"

"No, I know what a compromise is. I'm saying that it's a terrible idea."

"What! Why!?"

"Well, what if they want us to promise not to kill the King? What will we do then? That's the whole point."

"Well what if we-"

"If we betray that trust," Techno read her mind. "And plan to kill him anyway, then they have information, they can switch to the King's side, now the king knows our plans, and how weak we are. Not only that, but with their strength on the king's side, there's no way."