The Blade & The Twins

I swear my mind is imploding... Fun times.
........................

They weren't inside the meeting room. Everyone else was. But Mace felt a bit bad about how she'd treated Techno, so while everyone else was inside Techno got a personal conference with the two people that made everyone's skin crawl. Techno was actually satisfied with this. Well, he was still angry with Mace but he did want to get a read on The Twins.

"So, people in this little program have been calling you Red. I see why now." Spark was the first to speak. And that's what he opened with?

"What?"

"That's your nickname when people talk about you in the bastion. They've sworn to secrecy, so? Nickname." Spark said.

"Oh. I hate it. Well, whatever. I wanted to talk to you about the whole King situation."

"Alright, what do you want to know?" Scythe asked.

"She's already talked to him right?" Techno referred to Mace. "What, well, how did it go?"

"Hmm." Scythe stopped. "She's a smooth talker, that's for sure."

Alright... That's good at least, maybe she didn't do this totally wrong.

Spark spoke up again. "So she sent the king a scroll that basically said, "come see me at the public library because you're so great and fantastic, sincerely, Mace." And he came since it feeding into his ego."

At least they realize he has a big ego.

"We were hiding in a secret passageway in the library, just in case things got bad. Strange, I didn't know there was one there." Scythe said.

Oh. So they'd been in his passageway. Great. Techno didn't really want them in there. He'd kept stuff in there that's probably still there today.

"Anyways, she opens with the fact that he's such a great King and that he should be adored by all. Then she went into the fact that he wasn't, and he should fix that. He was irritated, asking why they would think such a thing, and she told him that the bastion was unhappy about the war, and that he was so great that he could figure it how to calm the people down."

Spark continued Scythe's story.

"He basically said, 'of course I can... Uh, how can I exactly?' Mace said that all he had to do was not go to war, or start any more wars and the people wolf be satisfied, because, after all, they're still mostly satisfied. He said he'd take her advice. Who knows if he actually will."

Mace wasn't stupid, but this didn't feel like the most water tight plan. The Twins were untrusting. Suspicious of everyone. Techno included. Techno didn't feel like this was worth it.

They were sussy, as the chat put it when they heard.

Techno cold only pray that this worked out.

........................

This chapter is incredibly short because I covered everything I wanted in it. Maybe in the future I'll push the last two together but idk. Anyway there we go, I hope you enjoyed despite the length. It's short enough that I'm just publishing it now.