Purple

Writers block can go heck itself.
........................

"Tommy?" Tubbo asked from the lower half of the bunk bed.

"Whaaat? It's late!" Tommy responded sleepily.

"I can't sleep."

"Sucks to be you then."

"Can I sleep with you?"

It was quiet for a moment.

"Fine. Get up here."

Tubbo sighed in relief and climbed into the top bunk.

"Thanks Tommy." Tubbo said as he curled up next to Tommy.

"Mhm."

After about half an hour it became apparent that he wasn't going to fall asleep that easily.

"Tommy?"

Silence.

"Tommy?" Tubbo shook him awake.

"Ugh, Tubbo... I'm not gonna let you stay with me if you keep waking me up."

"I can't sleep."

"That's not my problem."

"C'mon please? I just need to figure out how to fall asleep."

"No."

"You're a b**ch." Tubbo mumbled."

"Ugh, fine. But for the record, I don't even know how to get you to fall asleep.

"Yay!"

"Why can't you sleep exactly?" Tommy still sounded annoyed.

"I don't know."

"Oh my gosh."

"I feel, like jittery, but not fysecilly-"

"Physically." Tommy corrected.

"Shut up- like, my thoughts are jittery. I feel wide awake even though I'm sleepy."

"Well, what's on your mind?"

"Uhm." Tubbo thought for a second, then froze. He mulled over it for a bit, before deciding that he trusted Tommy.

"When I was little, like really little, my dad would sing me a lullaby. And it would help me fall asleep. But I don't remember any of the words. Just the tune. And the tune is stuck in my head. It's making me feel strange."

"Strange?"

"Yeah, like dread, mixed with nostalgia. It's odd."

"Dread? Over what?"

"I- I don't know."

"What about that worries you?"

"..."

Tubbo's stomach filled with anxiety, and dread. Fear bubbled up and filled his chest, making it harder to breathe.

The thing that worried Tubbo was something that he kept ignoring. Forcing out.

Something he was actively trying to be in denial about.

"Tommy?" Tubbo's voice shook.

"Yeah?" Tommy's voice held no irritation anymore.

"My D-Dad? He's not coming to get me... Is he?"

Tommy stiffened.

Tubbo- I don't think so."

Tubbo suddenly felt very cold. He shivered and curled up closer to Tommy.

"But, I don't know a lot about how grown ups work."

"I want him to c-come back. I don't want him to leave forever!"

"Tubbo-"

"He didn't abandon me did he!? He didn't hate me right? He didn't abandon me like mother did to him right?! I don't want to be abandoned!"

"TUBBO!"

Tubbo whimpered.

"I don't know, but I do know that no one could hate someone as awesome as you. You're really cool, and very funny and great. I don't know what happened, but I know that he couldn't have hated you."

"M-maybe..." It didn't make him feel much better.

"Dad knows more than I do about things like this, in the morning, we can go ask Dadza, okay? I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds."

"We can ask Phil?" Tubbo felt a bit better.

"Yeah, we can ask Phil. For now though, let's just go to sleep okay? It's okay Tubbo, there's nothing we can do right now. Right now, we need to sleep, then we can do something about it in the morning. It's all okay."

"I..."

"Tubbo, repeat after me, It's all okay."

Tubbo hesitated, then complied.

"It's all o-okay."

"We will fix it in the morning."

"We will fix it in the morning..."

"I can go to sleep now."

"I-I can go to sleep now."

The knot in Tubbo's stomach loosened slightly.

"Good."

Tommy had Tubbo take a few deep breaths, and then told him to try to feel asleep again.

Tubbo fell asleep in five minutes.

........................

The lullaby that Tubbo remembers sounds similar to Weller man, and just like it, it mentions alcohol. :]

This chapter has nothing to do with the fact that I couldn't fall asleep last night... Yeah.

Hopefully, I can get back into my writing rhythm. And upload regularly again.

Farewell Plerps!

PS: Pebble Brain is really good. :3