Du du du du

"No! I'm not doing that."

"What!?" Dream exclaimed. "C'mon George, it'll be fun."

"No, that sounds like painful death, over and over again. You shouldn't even be going!"

"Eh, relax I've only died twice. I can handle myself." Dream smiled behind his mask.

"Yeah, in the overworld! This is the Nether we're talking about! Things are different there. You don't know what'll happen."

"Hey! I've read books about the Nether. If I steer clear of Hoglins, I'm fine."

George sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Dream, you're planning to go on a very, very long Nether exposition, just for fun! With no end goal in mind! That's dumb and I won't let you do it. You'll die! A lot! Painfully!"

"No! You're not the boss of me!"

"I am now!"

"What!? What the heck George."

"Look, promise me you won't go alone okay? At least bring someone who knows the Nether. I'm not dealing with a traumatized friend."

"Hey, you won't be dealing with a traumatized friend," dream leaned against the wall. "You'd be dealing with a traumatized boyfriend!"

"Dream, I'm serious."

Dream sighed. "Okay, if it'll get you off my back."

...

"What is it? You finally ready for that rematch?" Techno asked.

"Haha, funny. I'm planning on going to the Nether for a while, and who better to help me stay alive than a literal Piglin?"

"So you want a bodyguard?"

"I mean, we could be friends too."

"Y'know," Techno said, "Normally I wouldn't take this offer, but seeing as Phil won't let me into the hypixel tournaments unless I can prove that I can handle myself, I'll take it."

"Yes!"

...

Dream and Techno stood in front of the Nether portal Dream had built.

"You sure you don't want armor or anything?" Techno asked.

"Nah I got this."

"I really doubt that." Techno said.

"Why aren't you wearing armor?"

"Armor implies that you're getting hit."

"What."

"That, and it slows me down. And I'm assuming that I'll me running around stopping you from dying the whole time."

"You'll see Techno. I'll prove it."

"Alright well you do that while I go in the portal." Techno waltzed through the portal without another word.

Dream hadn't really talked to Techno much before this, he only had their brief conversations and his reputation to go off of. And while this wasn't what he had expected, it was kinda fun. Dream figured he'd enjoy hanging out with Techno.

Dream followed Techno into the portal.

They both arrived in a large clearing. It was the Nether waste. There wasn't much to look at except for the hills at the edges. And maybe fire.

"So you got a plan for this?" Techno asked.

"Uh, yeah- go left!" Dream pointed triumphantly.

"Are you kidding me?"