Afterwords

Author: *Sings loudly* ~I AM IN MISERY!~

Do y'all ever get the feeling where you're just certain that you've gone insane? Like you're crazy, and you should be in an asylum, but when you tell people this, they're like: "No, you're so innocent and sweet, of course you're not crazy!" And they're probably right about you not being crazy but got swear, SWEAR that you are?

I do.
........................

Technoblade went to Phil about the trident.

He was a bit nervous. He didn't want to get yelled at again; that had effected him more than he cared to admit. When you process things they get worse, Techno swears. Dispite his arrogant demeanor when Phil yelled, he hated it. He could remember every time Phil had yelled at him. They were burned into his memory, clearer than many staple events in his early childhood.

Which is why he put it off for a day or two.

...

Phil was about to go to bed when Techno caught him.

He did that a lot didn't he?

"Phil, I want to talk to you about something." Techno was figeting, but his voice was still strong.

It was clear that Techno had let some walls down. For what reason Phil wasn't sure.

"Okay, what is it?"

"You're not gonna, get mad are you?"

"Should I be getting mad?"

"I don't know, you were mad a few weeks ago."

"I'm probably not going to get mad."

"... Okay." Techno was unsatisfied with this answer, but said nothing else on the matter.

Techno walked over to the ender chest and pulled something out. Something long.

Holy SH-

"Are you going to uh, get mad?"

"Where did you get a trident?!"

"Uh, Drowned."

"Yes but-"

"Phil, I wanna enchant it."

Phil stopped.

"Why do you want to make a powerful enchanted weapon?" Phil asked the question slowly.

Techno stared at him. Saying nothing.

"Techno," Phil warned.

"Protection!" Techno said.

"Why would you need that?"

"I don't know..."

Then it clicked.

Piglin weapon jitters. Why hadn't he realized before?? His weapons were constantly being confiscated by Phil and Kristin before school started.

"Okay, I'll help you enchant it."

"Wait really?!"

"On one condition. You do not try to use it as a weapon in school. It stays in your ender chest until you get home. Promise?

There were a few ender chests around the school, according to Wilbur, so Techno can feel like he has accesses to it without the temptation of using it.

"I promise."

...

It was a rather unusual trident, because Techno somehow turned it into a throwing trident, and a flying one. How he did that, phil has no idea. But it had mending, unbreaking, riptide. The purple glow of the trident made it look even cooler, and you could see how happy Techno was.

...

Technoblade never used the Trident at school, he mostly preferred just talking to Ginger and Hanna. And people staring started to bother him much less.

He even got to talk to Skeppy. And that didn't go as bad as Techno thought it would. It was nice.

He would hang out with his friends at school, and with his family at home and after school.

After a few weeks of this, he noticed something.

It was late at night he was laying on his bed, quickly falling asleep.

He could be alone.

He could do things on his own without fear of his thoughts spiraling out of control.

Maybe that was because he wasn't worried about constantly being betrayed, or what would come the next day. Maybe it's because Kristin didn't bother him so much anymore. Maybe it's because he has closure on the whole situation with Skeppy, maybe it's because he's very close with his family again. Maybe it's because Steve cuddles with him at night. And follows him around the house during the day. Maybe it's because he's not so worried about what people will think of him.

Maybe it's because he feels... Happy.

He's happy.

Maybe now this family can close the book on the struggle that has been the last few years.

........................

Short chapter but look! We're done with the angsty stuff!

Farewell Plerps!