night- memories?

Muhaha time for lore.
........................

Could dreams be just replays of memories? Tommy didn't think so. But apparently it was possible.

It wasn't a fun dream. It was a mean one. The memory made him sad. He had almost forgotten it.

In the dream he was about four. Maybe three. It started in his room. His crib. It was dark outside, and Tommy couldn't sleep.

Tommy was always a little gremlin, so even if the side wasn't removed he could've still gotten out of the crib.

He wandered over to the door which was always open a crack. Pulling it open he saw his parents in the kitchen. It didn't look good.

Mama was against the wall. She didn't look happy, she looked... Not sad but... Upset. She looked upset.

Daddy wasn't holding her to the wall, that's not why she was upset. Daddy was loud. Daddy was often loud. But this wasn't the yelly loud that Mama always tried to get Tommy away from. It was scary loud.

Sinister is the word Tommy would've used had he known it.

Daddy had a smile on his face. He was saying things that made Mama sad. She started crying and covering her ears. Daddy smiled again and said one more thing before walking off into their bedroom.

Nothing happened for a bit. Mama was noisy compared to the rest of the quiet. Then Tommy mumbled, "Mama?" She looked to him suprised.

"Oh Tommy!" She ran over to him. She knelt down beside him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. What happen?"

"It's nothing." She said wiping away her tears.

"Daddy made you sad?"

"A little."

"Then why was he smiling?"

"... Oh, I don't know. Why don't we get you back to bed." She reached over to pick Tommy up.

"I go pull on his tail, daddy hates that."

She giggled. "No, let's not do that. It's late, and you need to go to bed." She picked him up.

"I needa protect Mama." He said.

"Well Mama needs you to go to bed." She carried him though the living room and back into his room. Lying him back down on the bed.

Tommy remembered that Mama continued crying after she left.

That memory wasn't sad before, but it was now that he was older, and understood what was going on more.

Just thinking about the dream he just had made him uncomfortable. He wanted to cry knowing that he couldn't help his mom.

His Mama.

Tommy was shaking but he slid out of bed anyway. He left Tubbo in the room. He was sound asleep anyways, Tommy had checked.

Tommy didn't know where he was going until he stood in front of Wilbur's door. He knocked on it.

"Huh?" Wilbur wasn't asleep, he didn't sound very tired.

"Wilbur?"

"... Go to bed Tommy."

"But Wilbur-"

"Go to bed."

Tommy looked down at the floor.

"...Wilby..."

Oh crap he said Wilby.

Wilbur got up and opened the door very quickly, once he realized that Tommy probably needed help.

"What is it?"

"I'm sad."

"You're sad?"

"I had a bad dream, but it was sad, not scary."

"A sad dream?" Wilbur supposed that was possible, he'd just never thought about it.

"Mhm."

"Do you wanna come in?" Wilbur asked, opening his door wider.

"Yeah, that's good." Tommy walked in and sat down on Wilbur's bed.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Wilbur asked, sitting down next to him.

"... I dunno." Tommy said.

"That's okay. We don't have-"

"Mama was in it. It was a memory from when I was little. Daddy made her sad. And he liked doing that."

"He liked it?" Wilbur became more concerned about the situation as Tommy spoke, he'd never talked about his father before.

"Yeah. He was smiling. He sounded... Bad? I guess. He made her cry on purpose."

"Oh. Tommy I'm sorry."

"I... No I don't actually want to talk about it- what are you doing awake Wilby?"

"Oh. I'm too wired to sleep."

"Wired?"

"Stressed, frustrated jittery, whatever works for you."

"...Wilby I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"Phil wanted to know where to were earlier, I told him. You weren't in trouble were you? I don't want to get you in trouble. You're always in trouble."

"I wasn't in trouble Tommy, it's okay." Wow this was effecting Tommy more than Wilbur had anticipated. Poor Tommy.

"I don't wanna pick a side Wilby."

"Pick a side?"

"You or Phil. I like you both."

"Thank you Tommy. It's okay, you don't have to pick a side."

"I don't?"

"Nope, it's okay, you can just hang out with Tubbo." He was going to say 'or Techno' but Techno wasn't in a good place that day. He was mad at his friend for whatever reason.

"Mmm. Okay. But Tubbo is scared by the loud shouts too."

How had he not noticed this?!

How had Phil not noticed this?

"It's scaring him?"

"Mhm. He's all clingy now."

"I think you're both clingy to each other." Wilbur said, he had a hint of a smile on his face.

"Not true!"

"It is true, you're a clingy duo."

"Nuh uh." Tommy folded his arms and shook his head. It was very cute.

"... Do you feel any better?"

"A little bit." Good.

"I'm glad."

"I think I'm gonna go back to Tubbo." Tommy stood up and started back to the door.

"Okay."

"Goodnight Wilby."

"Goodnight Tommy." Wilbur stood up and gave him a hug before sitting back down on the bed. Tommy smiled.

"Goodnight." Tommy said again and closed the door, walking back to his room.

........................

This is like one of those smaller, intermission-y, chapters that I do every once in a while, but Tommy needed attention.

The writing is crazy today danggg! I wrote like the last 2 chapters today too.