Flash

Haha chapter :)
........................

Wilbur couldn't ignore the nervousness he felt. He'd waited until the next afternoon to go back to the cavern.

It was eerily quiet, the only sound being his quiet footsteps as he hesitantly approached the river.

He looked into it from the edge, there were no fish. This time.

There was a flash of light behind him and he whirled around to see Sally again.

"Hey Wilbur." She grinned.

"Hello." Wilbur wished he wasn't so timid around her. It was embarrassing.

"I'm glad I made a good impression on you." She came closer and leaned against the boulder next to Wilbur.

"You said you'd give me info, so? Give me info."

"Cutting to the chase are we? Alright. What do you wanna know?"

"How did you do that?" Wilbur pointed to the river.

"Aww, you're so cute."

Wilbur felt very nervous.

"What do you know about shape shifters?"

"Shape shifters? Not a whole lot."

"Not many do, you're special though, you get to know more, lucky you, you get special treatment!"

"I don-"

"Most shape shifters," she cut him off, "have their own way that they switch, wether it's a change in the blink of an eye, or slow transformation, or a flash of light, everyone's is different."

"Yours is a flash of light."

"Yup! Aww look at you, so smart. Now, the fun part of the flash of light, is it's really hard to tell where I went, even if I told you what animal I switched to, you'd still have trouble finding me if I move even a little bit from my original spot. Especially if it's a small animal."

"Huh... So why are you known as Sally the Salmon?"

"You remembered my name, that's cute."

"No I-"

"Most shape shifters have a specific animal that they feel most comfortable as, it's usually the first thing we switch to."

Wilbur shoved her... Interesting behavior aside and focused on what she was saying. The peices clicked into place.

"That's why you're a salmon."

Sally hummed in agreement.

"Now, I told you something. It's only fair that you return the favor, pretty boy."

"Oh, I don't know about-"

"Where do you come from?"

"Uh, a house nearby."

"With your parents?"

"Y-yeah."

"Were you born there?"

Wilbur swallowed thickly, she was quickly entering sensitive topics.

"N-no, I'm adopted."

"Huh, okay."

What kind of response is that!?

"Next question, have you ever kissed a girl?"

Wilbur turned bright red.

"Uh- w-well uhm-" Wilbur desperately tried to come up with a response. Unfortunately that only made it worse for himself.

She giggled.