..?

TW: this chapter goes from 0 to 100 real fast, I'm not exactly sure what triggers to put but panic attacks definitely.
........................

Technoblade walked into the living room that evening to find that Tommy and Wilbur had fallen asleep on the couch together. They looked very cute, actually. But looking at it made him get a pit in his stomach. Phil was on the other couch. He assumed that Kristin had gone out, as he was alone.

"Oh hello Techno." Phil smiled at him. "Good uh, evening? I haven't seen you much today, are you alright?"

No.

"I'm okay," Techno said, instead. "I'm okay, uh, just one of those days today. Nothing we should dwell on."

In reality that day was truly awful. Techno didn't know why but he woke up felling lonelier than ever. Sometimes he woke up feeling better; sometimes he woke up feeling much, much worse. Like the world had isolated him from his family, and that somehow, it had every right. That had been happening more recently, Tommy was a life saver. But Tommy had school, and then neither him, nor Wilbur had come to talk to him in his room.

He was too scared to go ask them to come talk to him. Even though when he did it with Wilbur, it went relatively well, and he saw Wilbur reading the book he suggested, today he just felt to awful to try something so hard.

So, he stayed in his room. His isolation chamber. He hardly saw anyone.

"Techno?" Phil asked.

"Yeah?"

"I want to talk to you."

"Uh, okay." Techno sat down on the couch hesitantly. He didn't think he did anything wrong, can you do something wrong when you're in your room all day long?

"I was thinking, that for many careers, they want you to have good schooling and well, right now you only have homeschool. That doesn't really work on resumes."

"Oh..." Techno thought about what he said. "What jobs need schooling?"

"Well, what jobs are you thinking about?"

Techno hadn't really considered it much, which was almost embarrassing. He wanted to something he liked. Like writing, or maybe...

"What jobs have a lot of fighting?" Techno asked.

"Hmm, you could be a guard."

"What."

"You'd protect the royal family."

"No." Techno said without hesitation.

"C'mon, it'd be fun, you'd get to do a lot of fighting." Phil said.

"I will not be doing that." Techno insisted.

"Why not?" Phil asked.

The last thing Techno wanted was to be around any more royalty. And he didn't want to help a dictator.

Techno said nothing. And Phil noticed his unease and continued.

"Well, if by some magical feat you could make it stable income, there's tournaments, but it's very hard to make that a stable career. Impossible, I'd say. Because you only get paid, if you win, but you'd have to have a super absurd win streak to pull that off." Phil said. "I've been in a few tournaments, they were fun but a hardly ever won them."

"Are you sayin' that I couldn't just win everytime?"

"Techno I don't think anyone can literally never lose."

"Is that a challenge?"

"What, no! Techno that's impossible!"

"Maybe for you!" Techno retorted jokingly. He was about to say something else but instead he just sighed.