Chapter 6

Melody POV

Its been a week full of date nights and lunch dates with Vince and Im warming up to him just a little. I sit on the comfortable black leather chair;that is basically my friend for like 12hours of the frickin day; going through a bunch of gossip. This week its all about the baby mommas.

Nikki walks in or more like stumbles in and I roll my eyes at her nervousness.

"I chose the Wiz Kalifa and Amber Rose story because of the fact that Bow wow's story is old. Everyone knows he has a kid and his kid is old af now..too old to dig shit on but if You go with Wiz it makes more sense"I explain

"R-right because h-he's in. You and your f-friends is my j-jam miss" she says the last part looking down.

I sigh, "Isnt it everyones. Now go get more info and run the story. I want the final product on my desk tomorrow morning"

Her eyes widen in shock at my due date but she nods; knowing not to argue with me because I would surely win the fight; and soon her presence was gone.

I sigh; falling back in my chair and picking up my phone.

1 unread message:Vincent

V-Hey Ill pick you up at your job today around 4. Sound good?

No it really doesnt.

M-actually can I just meet you at your house. The job is going under inspection so its hectic.

That seemed like a good enough excuse.

V-Sure. My address is ******************* make sure no one follows u.

M-Got it.

I lock my phone and place it on my neatly ordered desk before glancing over at the round clock that sit upon my desk. 2pm..two hours to kill. Things are really slow at work today. Walking out of my room to get a coffee I of course have bad luck since I bump into Logan..ughh.

"Well isnt it-"

"If you say Mel I will rip your dick off and run over it with my car." I glare at him and he just smirks.

"Oh how I love it when you get feisty" He sighs following me into the break room.

I begin to make my coffee and feel arms wrap around my waist from behind. What the fuck does this boy think he is doing.

"What. Are you doing"I look down at his hands as if at any moment he is going to spread some type of disease that would kill me on the spot.

"Im holding my baby"He says as he tries to kiss my neck but I quickly grab one of his hands and detangle myself from him before flipping him like a burger.

He lay on the floor looking flustered and discomforted as I stand there with my arms crossed and no doubt a nasty look on my face.

"Dont ever put your hands on me again." I snap, grabbing my coffee and making a smooth exit. Like Ive said before...Men.

.
.
.
I knock on the huge doors and check out my surroundings while waiting for his dreadful face to be in my presence. The wooden doors open and Vince stands there with a smile. I smile back and he allows me in.

"Nice place" I say looking around.

"Thanks. Mom stays here when Im gone." He shuts the door.

"Is she here?" I turn to look at him with curiosity.

"No she went back home."

I nod turning around uninterested again.

"So what did you have planned for us today?" I ask