Chapter 20

Blessing POV
I peel my eyes open and groan in pain. My side hurts. After blinking a couple of times I notice Im on a nasty ass couch in some type of wooden place; almost like a cabin.

I sit up quickly but automatically flinch from the pain and I scold myself for being stupid. I hear voices coming from down the hall and I quietly stand up and make my way towards the noise.

"We cant just leave her here! You hit her Jason. You fucking hit her!"

Mel?

"Well we have to. The fact that we were on the fucking highway when I hit her and that there were other cars..someone had to have seen me. We need to go now!" He whisper yells.

"Go where?" I ask stepping into the kitchen and they both snap their heads to me.

"You're awake! How do you feel" melody asks turning to me.

"Fine. Just some pain in my side." I say cautiously.

"Oh well here. Jason had some medi-"

"Wait..Jason." I look at him.
His demeanor revealing he is a cocky shit.

"The one who is basically the reason everything is the way it is." I snap

"Bles-"

"NO MELODY!....I dont want anything from him." I snap and Jason balls his fists.

I suddenly notice the suitcases by the back door and a bag on the table full of weed. I walk towards it and pick one up in shock.

"Blessing I can ex-"

"I KNEW IT WAS YOU!" I look at her as Jason stands there awkwardly.

Panic flashes through her face.

"Its not my weed." She says quickly.

I look at Jason who has no emotion what so ever.

I march over and stand in front of him.

"You're the reason Vicky is in the hospital." I sneer.

"Hey I didnt tell the kid to eat it" he shrugs.

With one fast motion I allow my hand to come in contact with his cheek as the slap echoes through the "house." Its quiet as he turns his gaze to me; glaring but I dont falter; I stand my ground.

Melody immediatley rushes in front of me just as Jason attempts to hit me.

"DONT." She orders and he stops.

"Just give us a minute...please. Then we can leave." She pleads and he looks at me once more before storming out of the kitchen.

Mel sighs in relief before turning to me.

"Im sorry about him. He has a very short temper." She apologizes.

"You just had to get involved with him. Not just for the revenge but sexually too. I can tell that you guys have fucked." I cross my arms as she looks down.

"I dont have a choice." She whispers

"Bull shit! You always have a choice. You should have never came here for his help. Vince is changed and different. We all had our momen-"

"Oh please dont even start on that. Yes I love Vincent and I know he is changed now but you dont know whats going on in my life! Im doing all of this to protect all of you-"

"Yet look at where Vicky is." I state and she goes silent.

"Where are you guys going?" I ask

"Away for a while. Especially since he hit you the cops will be looking for him and you." She explains.

"Why do you have to go with him!" I ask getting a little angry.

"Because he says I have to." She snaps

"Unbelievable. I feel like I dont even know who you are anymore! You're just gonna up and go with out a goodbye to Vince...or Vicky!" I ask incredulously

"I cant! Jason wont let me and it would hurt both of them..it would break their hearts." She explains

"You already are hurting them. Mel I was with you from the beginning and im still with you but I guarentee if you walk out the door with that monster...ill be done with you." I finally say looking her dead in the eyes.

Tears begin to form as they spill down her cheeks; her voice cracks as she says, "No Blessing. Y-you dont mean that."

"I do. Its time I take care of the ones who care for me."

"I do care for you!"

"No Melody. You dont care for anyone but yourself."

Jason runs in grabbing the suitcases and taking Melodys hand roughly.

"The cops are down the street. We need to go now!" He states.

"What about Blessing!" Mel asks

"Ill drop her off at where ever lets go!" He snaps rushing out the door with me following.

We get into a black car with tinted windows; me in the back seat not saying a word the entire ride.

Would she really leave us all behind for...a criminal.

What felt like a minute but was really a twenty minute drive due to Jason's speeding, we pull up to the gates of Vince's house.

I get out of the car and look at the passenger side door. Melody just sits there not moving a muscle. I look at her window in disappointment and she slowly turns her head to look at me, mouthing sorry.

I shake my head and storm to through the gates as I hear the car speed off.

Today is the day I lose my bestfriend and Vince learns the truth.