Chapter 23

Melody POV
I feel a rush of cold air blow over me and instantly feel someones arm cover me as I shiver. I get comfortable again; almost falling back into my nice sleep; till I hear birds chirping. Thats when I opened my eyes.

I saw that we were still at the abandoned place and as I looked to my side, Jason was sleeping peacefully. He looks so cute when he sleeps...so innocent.

I begin to look at his tattoo on his neck and as I got lower I noticed he was shirtless...and so was I. We were being covered by an old wool blanket. I quickly lifted the blanket and yup...my assumption was right. Jason Mccan and I had sex...outside. I mean I know we've fucked before but..this time I wanted it to happen as bad as it sounds.

"Jason." I whisper as I shake him and he groans.

"Come on. We have a flight to get to. We're suppose to get back to Cali." I state and he sighs nodding.

Blessing POV
"Vince I think you should go out and get some fresh air." I state as I look at him watching Tv.

I dont think he even knew what he was watching.

"No. Im fine." He says monotonous

I huff just as Vicky skips into the room with her pigtails swinging.

"Aunt Blessing. When is mommy coming back?" She asks

"I-"

"SHE ISNT GONNA FUCKING COME BACK. Every day you ask that damn question and the answer has never changed so getting it through your damn head." Vince snaps as Vicky looks at him with sadness and rushes out of the room.

I snap my head at Vince with anger and he rubs his face in frustration and guilt.

"Yea..I hope you feel guilty. Shes only 5 Vince-"

"I know...I know. Ill go talk to her." He sighs

"Yea. You better."

Vince POV
I knock on Vicky's princess door and hear sniffling. I shake my head and push the door open to see Vicky laying face down in her pillow.

I sit next to her body and rub her back.

"Im sorry babygirl. I shouldnt have yelled at you like that. Daddy was just mad about work." I explain and she turns to look at me with tear stained cheeks.

"You dont like me" she whispers

"Of course I do sweetie. Daddy loves you so much."

"But...mommy isnt gonna come back?"

"I dont know sweetie. But you have me ok. Wanna go get some ice cream."

She nods and smiles as I leave her room for her to get ready. I walk to the living room where Blessing is on the phone.

"Ok cant you just giver her another day." She begs

"Just one! Please!"

"I understand. Yes I will tell her the news." She hangs up and shakes her head.

"Who was that?" I ask approaching her.

She looks at me as if contemplating what to do before finally saying, "It was TMZ."

I furrow my brows, "what do they want. Another story!"

"Nope....they called to fire..Melody." She states putting the phone down.

"Wait...Melody worked for TMZ?!"

Blessing nods her head sadly.

"All those times we said personal things...she could have been using it towards her job! No wonder she never let me pick her up from work." I say the last part to myself.

"Im sorry she hid this from you. So um...did you work things out with Vicky?"

"Yea. We're gonna go get ice cream. Wanna come?"

"Oh. No Thanks. Logan is taking to the movies." She states and I smirk at her.

"What?" She asks

"Use protection Blessing." I smirk and she blushes, punching my shoulder.
.
.
.
I watch as Vicky plays with some kids on the playground and smile. As I reach to check my phone, I feel someone grab my throat and I loose oxygen. Soon I black out.

Melody POV
We pull up in front of Vincent mansion and I sigh looking at it.

"Well its been fun babe." Jason states looking at me but I dont say anything.

"What? Arent you glad to be back and away from your deadbeat mom?"he asks smartly.

I look down and then I look at him.

"I thought I was gonna come back feeling guilty because of what we did and the fact that I have Vince....but...I cant feel that way." I explain.

"Why?" Jason asks

"Because I love you." I whisper