Chapter 3

Blessing POV
I place my phone back on my desk as I turn around to face Vince.

"Wow Blessing...you sure have grown up" he says

"We all have" I say simply

"Yea...its crazy cause im an actor and you're a successful publicist. Things just work out in crazy ways" he chuckles and I laugh a fake laugh before turning away from him and rolling my eyes.

"Anyway my friend is coming by real quick and shes just here to pick up some files for her job but right after we can get down to business on how to promote you" I explain and he smiles

"Blessing your visitor is here" the speaker says

"Let her in" I respond and the doors open, revealing Mel. she walks right past Vince as if he isnt even there as she gives me a hug.

"Ok so these are the files that-"

"Melody?"Vince interrupts

Mel stands straight and turns around in her heels to face him with a confused look.

"Im sorry do I Know you" Mel asks cocking her head to the side.

"Its me..Vincent..Vincent Yale from High school" He says coming closer to her.

Oh Vince..if only you knew what you had just done.

"Oh hi" Mel smiles

"Wow you...you look great. Your curves came in and your tanned and you just look...wow." He says checking her out in shock.

"Well taking off my braces, getting contacts, and dying my hair does that kind of stuff." She smirks

"Anyway. Thanks for the files Blessing. See you at home" she states

"Wait...um do you wanna hang out tomorrow" He asks her; scratching the back of his neck.

Mel looks at him with a smirk as she ponders her answer.

"Ok sure. Give me your phone"Mel says and he hands it to her as she taps away on it and gives it back.

"Just text me" she says and walks out.

"Wow" Vince says

"Yup. Thats Melody for ya" I sigh going around to sit at my desk.

"And you two live together" He asks

"Yea..ever since a bit after college" I explain going though papers.

"What does she do?"

"I think you should ask her that. Get to know her" I say and he nods before taking a seat in front of me as we start to talk about his career.

.
.
.
.
.
Melody POV
"How did he take it after I left" I ask

"He just kept asking about you and what you do" Blessing says; changing the channel

"And you said"

"To ask you" She replies and I nod

"This is good..everything is going the way it should go" I say to myself.

"Just don't take this too far ok. I don't want anyone to end up getting hurt." She sits up in her bed.

"Was I not hurt through high school..when he did all that shit to me. plus its too late. I called in Jase and hes gonna get rid of Vince for me..he's giving me three weeks." I state

"Okay but that was emotionally Mel. Your talking about someones life here!" She argues

"I thought you would be on board with this plan..now your backing out" I argue back

"Im not backing out...I'm just saying be careful" Blessing whispers and I walk over to her bed and give her a hug.

"I will" I say and Victoria bursts into the room.

"Mommy! Im hungry" She says and I laugh

"How about we go out for dinner. My treat." I state; putting my hands on my hips.
.
.
.
I take a bite of my warm, mouth filling cinnamon pretzel as some sprinkle onto my lap. I dust it off and look at Vicky who has cinnamon all over her face.

"Your a mess" I chuckle; wiping her face.

She smiles and starts to tell us about how cinnamon is her favorite "powder" and we just laugh.

"Melody?"

I turn and look to see Vince staring at me in disbelief.

"Oh hi Vince" I say uninterested.

I hate mixing work with my personal life.

"Wow small world huh." He says

"Yea. What are you doing here" I ask; wanting him to leave as Blessing deals with Vicky.

"Just pickin up some food for mom" He explains.

"Oh your mom is in town too?" I ask

"Yea shes at the house" he says and then his eyes find Vicky.

They pull in confusion as he starts to examine her features but I quickly stand up and pull him towards the cashier.

"So ill pay for the food" I state; not really wanting to.

"Wha- no no.-"

"Its not a big deal Vince...seriously" I say and I make him get the food.

He tries to take out his wallet but i calculate the cost already and hand it to the woman behind the counter. Vince looks at me shocked and i smirk.

I walk him out to his car and He puts the food inside before turning to me.

"Um thanks for that. I guess Ill see you tomorrow. Ill pick you up from..."

"Blessing job" I answer.

He nods,"Blessing job"

He tries to give me a hug but i stick out my hand and he looks at it quizzically before shaking it.

I watch him drive away before walking back inside and sitting back at my table.

Blessing looks at me and I shrug and huff before continuing to eat my pretzel.

Men.