Chapter 9

Melody POV

"Come on Vicky!" I say peeping inside of her room.

"One second mommy. I need to find my princess sandals." She whines and I chuckle before shutting her bedroom door.

Opening the collaged door I step in; looking at Blessing whose curling her hair with a towel wrapped around her waist.

"What you getting dolled up for?" I smirk jumping onto her bed and pulling my phone out.

"Well." She smiles turning to face me.

"Im going on a date!" She smirks

"With who?!" I sit up straight.

"This guy named Logan." She smiles

"Ha thats funny cause there's a guy named Logan that works at my job." I shrug

Her mouth pulls in a straight line and she turns back to curling her hair.

"Blessing.."

She laughs nervously.

"No! How!" I gasp

"I went to your job to see if you wanted to grab lunch the other day and he told me you weren't in cause you were on a break. We talked and he asked me out. I don't know why you don't like him. He's so charming." Blessing shrugs

"He's a horn ball who just wants to fuck." I say bluntly laying back into her bed and scrolling through twitter on my phone.

"Well I guess we see two different people then." She shrugs

As I go through twitter I start to see pictures of Vince and me; my face is always covered in them but I know its me, I don't think anyone else knows.

"Oh my gosh" I whisper.

All I see are so many stories about "us".

"What's wrong?"Blessing asks turning around and coming to look over my shoulder.

"No way." She whispers

Me and Vince coming out of the diner.

Me and Vince leaving the high school.

Me and Vince...Picking up Vicky.

"Oh my gosh they got Vicky's face." I gasp looking at Blessing.

"I can already see the stories that are gonna start with that and I do not want that little girl involved in the twisted Idea you have of killing Vince" Blessing snaps going into her closet.

"Ill fix this I promise."

"You better. Vince is not the same guy he was in high school. We all have changed. We are different now. Yea at first I was on board with you doing whatever to mend your heart and get closure but now...it just seems stupid." Blessing shrugs

It only seems stupid to her because this shit didn't happen to her. Her life wasn't as fucked over as mine was.
.
.
.
The car stops in the middle of no where and I look at Vince in confusion.

"We drove for 3 hours....to get to nothing but wide open space." I state in a serious tone and he chuckles.

"Oh yeah but trust me, you ain't seen nothin yet." He states getting out of the car.

He goes to the back and unbuckles Vicky; carrying her sleeping body as I follow him through high fields of corn.

Ew nature, ew bugs. Ew everything. Why am I here. I just need him to fall for me. I just need to kill him off. Ill give Vicky a day with her dad and then he's out of her life.