Chapter 12

Melody POV

We walk towards a random fast food place on the docks after putting our beach stuff away. Ordering our food, We find a seat in the back and start eating.

"I really and I mean really hate to admit this...but today was..fun." I mumble,dipping my fry in ketch up.

"Yea it was. We spent the whole day at the beach and playing some boardwalk games and through out the whole time...You were being you....you were being real." He explains before biting into his burger.

"So were you. I never thought I could actually like you again but..I.." I stop myself and look down.

"You what?"

I look up at Vince whose face holds the expression of anxiety.

What am I doing. I cant tell him how I feel. I don't even know how I feel and yet here I am, basically ready to poor my heart out to him.

"Mel." He grabs my left hand across the table and I look up into his eyes and instantly feel myself melt.

"I need you to keep being real with me...open up to me."

I nod slowly, " I f-feel...like the past five years of being mad at you w-was for nothing because y-you made me feel like..this."

A smile spreads across his face and we are silent for the rest of dinner.
.
.
.
We pull up to my house and the lights are out.

"I guess Blessing and Vicky are sleeping." He says as we walk up my doorsteps.

"Yea but you could see them tomorrow if you want." I suggest and he nods as we fall into silence.

"Today is a day..that I will never forget." He takes both my hands and I just look at them.

At how well mine fit in his like it was meant to be. Wow I sound like a fucking Disney movie.

"Me too." I whisper.

"How come...if you didn't like me..why continue to go out with me?" He asks and I continue to look down.

"I-I never thought Id like you at all. When I went out with you..I-I don't know. A lot was going through my head. "

"Well Im glad we were with each other. I love the feeling of you by my side and thats why..I want you Melody to..be my girlfriend."

My eyes quickly meet his in alarm.

"W-what?!"

"I want you Mel and we don't have to tell the public if you don't want to. We can wait. Just...be mine."

Be mine...just like Jason. But Vince isn't Jason. Vince isn't the same Vince from before.

"I agree to be your...your girlfriend." I say a bit unsure but the smile that crosses his face becomes contagious and I find myself smiling to.

Vince puts his hand on my cheek and starts pulling me closer. He looks from my lips and then to my eyes. Closer.

Closer-

And the door swings open and Blessig stands there with a hair cap and robe.

"Finally you're home!" She snaps and I look back at Vince who looks disappointed.

"Ill there in a minute ok." I say to Blessing.

She shrugs and walks away from the open door.

"Sorry."

"Its ok. You should probably get inside." He replies and I nod.

He gives me a hug before kissing my cheek and walking towards his car.

I watch as he pulls out of my driveway and zooms off. Walking into the house annoyed I slam my bag on the counter.

"What, are you trying to wake up Vicky?!" Blessing snaps coming into the kitchen.

"Why did you do that?" I turn to her

"What..you mean interrupt your little kiss you were about to have with Vince...a guy you claim you hate-"

"I do-"

"Then why are you so mad now." She crosses her arms as I stand there not able to speak.

"Mhm..thats what I thought." She mumbles walking away.

Why am I so mad. I shouldn't be; in fact I should be doing fucking back flips right now. I shake my head and go up the stairs; checking in on Vicky's sleeping figure before making my way to my room. I change into my PJ's (shorts and a tank) before slipping into my bed.
.
.
.
Buzzzzzz

Buzzzzzz

Buzzzzzz

Wtf. I peel my eyes open and feel for my phone on the bed. I slide my hand under my pillow and pull out my phone. Rubbing my eyes I unlock it and see...5 missed calls

Jason.

Now wide awake I open up the text.

J-missing in action this early in the game...shame bby gurl. I think I should pay your little boy toy a visit. ;)

I quickly call Jason as I start throwing on random stuff.

"Jason speaking." I can already hear his fucking smirk through the damn phone.

"Jason don't you dare go near him!" I snap.

"Oh you disappointed me baby girl. Excuse me while I go get ready. I have a mission to complete."