Chapter 26

~11 Years Later~
(Vicky at the top)

Melody POV
"Melody Villegas. You have a visitor."
I get lead to the table and the officer takes off my hand cuffs as I rub my wrists and sit down in my uncomfortable orange suit that I have become accustomed to.

I sit and stare at the see through glass; waiting for the visitor Im suppose to be having. No ones visited me since I got put here. I got thrown into a boys and girls jail. Boys and girls can be roomed in the same cell! I constantly hear rapes and fucks going on at night and the cops do nothing about it. This is the only jail I could afford while Jason went to a better one cause he has money.

Im lucky that I got my own cell though so I guess I shouldnt really be conplaining. A couple of minutes passed and a teenage girl came and sat in front of the mirror. I furrowed my brows in confusion and she pushes her hood down as I gasp.

"Victoria? Oh my gosh...you've grown so well. You're beautiful." I whisper the last part as tears slide down my cheeks.

She keeps no emotion on her face, "Hi."

"Hi" I smile

We look at each other for a bit before she stands up to go.

"Wait! You dont want to talk. Ive missed you." I state and she laughs, annoyed.

"Yea I can tell how much you've missed me. Is that why you never called. I know they give you one phone call a day."

"I didnt want to c-cause I felt ashamed and embarrassed-"

"Like you felt when you carried that grudge all the way from high school to KILL my dad." She snaps bending over the pushed in chair and glaring at me.

"Vick-"

"Dont call me Vicky...only those who care about me can." She snaps

"I DO CA-"

"BULL SHIT"

I look at her shocked, " I would appreciate it if you didnt curse at me."

She looks away smiling in an annoyed way before looking back at me.

"I could care less about your feelings...you didnt care about mine all those years. You still dont.....I WATCHED my dad get beat and bloody....I-I saw Blessing get stabbed, I watched YOU....;the woman who was suppose to be there for me;....go crazy and kill people. You left me in a hospital. You were the reason I had weed. You ran off with your criminal husband! You just caused so many problems."she snaps as some tears fall down her face and I look down.

"Im sorry." I whisper.

"Is that all you can say. UNCLE LOGAN IS DEAD....CAUSE OF YOU."

I flinch as she slams her hands on the table.

"You know what. I dont even know why I came here. Everyone has moved on and maybe I should too but I just thought that maybe you could explain yourself for all those years and we could start fresh but now I see that mom was right...its a waste of time."

I snap my head up, "Mom?"

"Yea. Blessing. She's been there for me more than anybody...even you. She cares about me like Im her own and you know what...I am. I care about her so much and I love her. Im glad Dad found somwone like her." She explains

"T-they're married?"

"Have been for the past 7 years. After everything that happend...we moved and started fresh...two years later they got married and 3 years later they had my little brother Brendon."

"Well thats it...Im done with you now Melody." She says grabbing her stuff and I look at her with tears.

"NO PLEASE IM SORRY VICTORIA JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE."

She looks back at me," You're in here for life...there are no chances. You proved that to me when you didnt even say Happy 16th birthday. A shame you cant go to the party tonight."

With that she walks out as a cop takes me back to my cell.

I sit on the bed and cry my eyes out. I have no one. Blessing and Vince moved on. Vince really changed but I was stupid and I didnt realize it till it was too late. Blessing is the one friend who was always there for me no matter how many mistakes I made or how crazy and stupid I acted...now Ive finally lost her.

Ive lost Vicky...the light in my dark. Instead of breaking his heart.....I broke my own.

"Melody you have a new roomate."

I look up and my breath hitches.

"Hey babygirl. Long time no see."

~The End~

Thanks to everyone who read this book and followed Melody through her stupid life.

Creds to Melonie~ as Melody
(Sorry I did that to you at the end Melonie😂😂😂)
Blessing~as Blessing