Chapter 4

Melody POV
"No no no, if Bieber is changing for the better than we cant use that. Do we not understand that we make people look bad here people!" I snap.

"Get some shit on someone big! By next meeting I want the best dirt. Dismissed" I say; picking up my folders and walking out of the conference room.

I walk into my office and set my folders on my desk. My phone buzzes and I look to see a text from Blessing.

B-Hes gonna b here in 20

Shit. I grab the conference folders,my bag and my phone. I rush out of my office and Nikki follows me.

"Miss. We have that appointment for Ashton at 4!"

"Reschedule it." I say getting in the elevator

"But we cant! Hes very busy-"

"RESCHEDULE IT DAMN IT" I snap and she jumps back and nods before running off.
.
.
.
"10 MINUTES" Blessing yells; shutting her office door as I walk in.

I slip off my business pants and slip on a black pencil skirt. I get a frilly red tank top and tuck it in and pair it with red heels.

"5 MINUTES"

I pin my hair up, spray myself, add some jewelry, and and sit on Blessings desk just as the door opens. Vince walks in and hugs Blessing in his Black jeans, and white shirt. Well I feel over dressed.

"Hey Melody...wow you look...amazing." He says coming closer and tries to hug me but I stick out my hand again and he takes it, sighing.

"Well you crazy kids go have fun!" Blessing states.

Vince chuckles and I follow him downstairs and outside. Paps start swarming and I cover my face. If they see me, they'll know im with TMZ; seeing as that half of them work for me.

We rush to his car and he starts it and drives off.

"Wow paps here are crazy."Vince huffs

"Yea." I say not knowing how to form conversation with him.

"So where are we going" I ask

"Oh well I was thinking we could grab some lunch and then maybe go dancing"He shrugs

"Dancing?" I look at him confused

"Yea. Not like ballroom but like tango or something." He explains and I laugh.

"What made you think about dancing?" I ask

"I dont know actually. I just wanted to do something different from normal dates" He says

"So this is really a date" I raise one eyebrow smirking at him and his grip on the wheel tightens.

"Y-yea I wanna see if maybe we could be more than just exes again. You really changed physically a-"

"Oh so you want me for my looks-"

"No no just that I want to get to know you mentally again cause last time we dated...I didn't really take interest in you for real and Im sorry about that. I shouldn't have done what I had done. I-"

"A diner?" I interrupt as he pulls up outside of a small diner Ive never heard of.

He looks at the building, "um Y-yea is that cool"

I nod and get out of the car and follow him into the diner. We sit at a booth all the way in the back so that Vince doesn't get recognized and hopefully I don't either.

"So how has acting been to you. It must be amazing that you've accomplished so much"I say

"Yeah it's been amazing. Im really grateful for the opportunity cause I never in a million years thought I get to do this" he explains and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Vince...your dad is a director and producer. Pretty sure you were bound to get the opportunity sooner or later" I state.

As he's about to say something a waiter comes to take our orders. We tell him what we want and not gonna lie but this waiter was cute. Even though Im not too fond of Vince..he's still better looking.

"Alright Ill have your orders out As soon as possible" The waiter says winking at me and I give him a small smile.

When the waiter is out of sight Vince looks at me with a hint if jealousy.

"What was that?" He asks through clenched teeth.

"What was what?"I say playing dumb

"You know exactly what. Why were you flirting with the waiter"

"Ok Vince its just being nice and he flirted first" I defend.

"Well you're on a date with me. Not him" Vince fires back before standing up.

Shit I hope he's not ending our date. That will just fuck the whole plan over.

"Im gonna go to the restrooms"He mumbles before rounding a corner.

I sigh in relief and sit back in the booth. I take my phone out of my bag and check to see that I have two messages;both from Blessing.

B-hdjskdkdky

Wtf is this?

B-Sorry, Victoria was playing on my phone. Just dropped her off at her friends house. Hope the dates going well.

I tap the message box and reply.

M-Its not even close to ok. He already got jealous cuz A waiter was flirting wit me.

B-OMG he still likes u if he's still getting Jealous.

M- yea but it ended up with us in a bit of a fight b4 he stormed off 2 the bathroom.

B- wait. Did u flirt back Mel :/

I bit my lip and sighed before typing.

M-ok maybe a lil but it shouldn't have been a big deal!

B-If u want him 2 fall for u then u have to start acting like he is ur fucking world...besides me and Vicky of course :)

Before I could reply, Vince was rounding the corner and coming back to his seat. I licked my phone and shoved it into my bag.

He looked at me and sighed, "Im sorry for blowing up on y-"

"No its ok...Im on a date with you and only you. You have my full attention" I say with a fake smile and he smiles back to me.

Maybe this plan will be harder than I thought.