Chapter 10

Blessing POV

"So how did she feel when you told her you were going on a date with me?" Logan asks

"Pissed off. She hates you for reasons I cant figure out." I shrug cutting my steak.

"Neither can I. I know she has some chip on her shoulder from some thing,I just dont know what."

"I just really need you to be a distraction for her..do whatever it takes and I will help you." I plead

"Thats all I needed to hear" he smirks.

"I have a new intern taking her place at the job. She goes by the name of Brice. Pretty tough. Wait till Mel hears about her." He adds and I smirk.

We eat in silence for a bit at the gorgeous restaurant before being approached by a tall fit and sexy man.

Logan gets up and gives him a guy high five before his eyes meet mine and we just stare at each other.

"Alright so this is the girl I set you up with." Logan smirks; pushing the stranger to take a seat across from me and I look at Logan in confusion.

"Im just gonna go now. Ill text you later" Logan looks at me as he walks away.

My gaze turns back to the handsome stranger as he extends his hand across the table and I shake it.

"Taylor" he says

"Blessing" I smile.

Melody POV

Walking out into yet another field; but not with as much high crops; I see Delilah showing Vicky her garden where a bunch of butterflies flew. I smile a little and Vince guides me away from them and further into the large field.

We stop in the middle of the grassy plain and he pulls me down with him to sit on the floor but I keep my ground.

"Come on...sit." He states sitting down on the grass and I give him an "are you serious" look.

"Sit...on dirt...I-in my clothes." I stutter.

"Please Melody. I want us to do this." He pleads and I think for a moment before sighing.

How can I say no to him.....it should be fucking simple since I hate him?

Of course I hate him. It shouldn't be a question..yet Im questioning myself.

I finally sit down next to him but still keeping some distance. We sit in silence as he looks up at the sky and Im constantly squirming from bugs and dirt and...omg it smells like shit.
How can he sit here so relaxed. Im stiff as fuck.

"Because Im not what everyone thinks I am. I don't care about all the money and that Im rich. I like the simple things." He explains

"Oh my gosh did I say that out loud?" I start blushing as he chuckles.

"Yea but its ok." He smiles still looking up.

"You...you said you like simple things...but you like me." I state lowly

So much for being strong.

His gaze slowly makes its way to me,
" No one said I didn't like a challenge."

I blush again and look down as silence engulfs us yet again; the little laughter coming from Vicky and Delilah.

"What did it?" I hear Vince whisper and I look at him in confusion.

"Excuse me?"

"What did it Mel-"

"Please do NOT...call me that." I snap my head down trying to calm myself.