Chapter Twenty-Six : Halcyon Days

"Not fair. You always win" I grumbled as I handed Micha another dollar.

"Then stop betting I'll miss" She rolled her eyes and Marley took the dollar from me. Over the past few weeks the two had gotten closer, and Micha grew into our little band fairly easily.

"But how do you hit the damn thing from across the room?!" I folded my arms indignantly. We were all hanging out at Micha's house, taking bets on how far away from the dart board Micha had to be to miss the bullseye. So far it was about ten yards and she still hasn't missed.

I gave a dramatic sigh and flopped down onto the only vacant couch.

"I'm a ninja" she shrugged casually. She had her usual smirk on, and I still haven't gotten over it's weirdness. "The black pajamas really work with the hair, and my knives complement my eyes very nicely" she flipped her hair in a way that mirrored Marley. The two were so alike sometimes... I love Marley, but I love one Marley. Two Marley and I'll be dead before the first snide comment made.

"She also looks exactly like a penguin with her coat on" Marley grinned.

"And you look like the weird bear thing in the movie Robyn made me watch" she sat down next to Marley and put an arm around her waist.

"Robyn looked exactly like the gopher with the mustache!" Marley purred.

"The Lorax? I look nothing like him" Robyn folded her arms indignantly.

"Babe, you do have the same hair" Cael chuckled. Robyn tried to look insulted.

"Grace, move over! I am joining the singles couch!" She tried to get up but Cael pulled her back.

"The gopher does have a point" Marley earned a halfhearted complaint from Robyn. "You are the only one here without a second vote" Micha snorted "fine. Only one here without a girlfriend" Robyn cleared her throat. "Or a vegetable" the ravenette beside her passed her chuckle off as a cough.

"Hmm... Keep the singles couch to myself, or another option that involves sharing my couch... Forever alone, please" I rolled my eyes. "If I ever find a nice girl, I'm sure she won't stand a chance" Micha raised an eyebrow at me "Hazel isn't nice"

"She's nice when she isn't here" Marley put in unhelpfully. "Not that I don't like her or anything... I just don't like anything about her"

"Well played" I clapped slowly.

"Hey, Kayla should be back in a few. You guys staying? She likes knowing who to make food for" Micha was speaking broadly, but her gaze was more focused on me.

"Robyn convinced my parents to have bonding night tonight. We'll be out before dinner" Cael sighed.

"I don't want to make it awkward for anyone. I'll get Sawyer to pick me up" I shrugged.

"Gracie. You're staying" Marley sang. "I'm sure it will only be awkward for you"

"Nah, sorry, Mar. I need to go enjoy the freedom of sleeping alone" I smiled.

"Just hang back a few" Micha had a seriousness in her eyes that I submitted to.

"Sawyer is ways late, it's not like I am in a rush" I smiled a frown.

"If y'all end up having a threesome, I so don't want to ever hear about it" Cael snorted.

"Dude, my line!" Marley groaned "and for the record, this-" she flailed her hands in Micha's direction "-is off limits. I don't like sharing with Grace" she stated matter-of-factly.

"God... Thanks for the mental image, Marley!" I grumbled.

"Hey! My images! You are not allowed to imagine-" Marley was cut off.