Chapter Forty-Six : Dinner At The Sinclairs' Part Two

"What was that?" I stammered. Hazel was browsing through channels for a new movie to watch.

"What?" She asked like she was legitimately confused. "I didn't kiss you" she added.

"But you were about to"

"No I wasn't" she snorted "I had no intention of kissing you"

"Then why were you so close?!"

"Reasons" She shrugged. "I don't get it. When I do kiss you, you go off. Yet when I don't kiss you, you're suspicious" for some strange reason my mind went right to a scene from Victorious, in that episode where Tori has to get a ride and When Jade offers, Tori gets antsy.

Oh my god, we're Jade and Tori.

"Who?" Shit was that out loud?

"Nothing" I covered.

"Clearly" she rolled her eyes with a tone that might as well have been a billboard saying 'keep talking, I'm not letting this go'.

"Two characters from a TV show I watch..." She lifted an eyebrow "a mean goth and good-girl brunette" I sighed.

"I'm not mean" Hazel scowled "people just take my honesty as insult" for gods sake, how did I not see this sooner?!

"Oh god" I groaned "here" I took the remote from her and went on demand to put on the episode I was thinking of. I fast forward the whole thing until it got to the scene at the lunch area where Jade sneaks to Tori's table and then -like I said- offers Tori a ride.

"Why doesn't she just drive herself?" Hazel rolled her eyes after I started fast forwarding to the scene in the car.

"She doesn't have a license" I replied.

"Aren't there cabs?" Hazel lay on her stomach.

"Yeah but there's also a script" to this Hazel just sighed and took the remote back "this is stupid" she excused as she searched for another movie.

Mini light bulb just went off.

"Bossy" I coughed.

"Excuse?" She frowned. God, my soulmate was a Jade.

"Jade" Hazel gave me a halfhearted bored glare and resumed looking for movies. "Do you like horror movies?"

"No" okay there was one minor difference "the main characters are always so damn thick and the gore is always fake" she has been demoted from Jade clone to Jade's twin- wait, no... Quadlet? Is that a thing?

"Do you sing?"

"No"

"Do you have any sharp objects with you right now?"

"Yes" yeah. She's Jade.

"What?" She groaned and took a sleek black thing out of her pocket. She clicked one end of it like a pen and a silvery blade shot out. The whole dagger was only barely three fourths of a foot. "Do you always have that with you?" I eyed it like it was going to kill me. In all fairness, it's a knife in Hazel's hand, it could very well kill me.

"Yes" she replied. "The N.S. Requires us to have a weapon at all times" she added.

"What if you have to go through airport security?"

"It is a foreign element. The devices used on Earth cannot detect it"

"Why do you need it? Aren't you people really good at hand to hand combat?"

"Yes but not everything we're obligated to do can be done through brunt combat"

"What do you do?" She gave me this weird look between internal conflict, suspicion, and calculation.