Deleted Cache No. 4: Del

I'm not going to tell you I have some deep emotional connection to you, but you also don't want to hear that" she studied me. For a thirteen year old, she was acting way too professional. For any kid, she was far too... Adult. Not mature; just too adult.

I frowned at her.

"What exactly do you want from me?" She leaned her waist against the lockers behind her, arms folded casually.

"I don't know" I replied instinctively.

"Wrong" she sighed "Grace, I am not going to pretend to understand you. I'm not going to pretend that I'm too keen on trying to. But I do know some of what you want. You want me to be easy. You want me to chose how I feel about you and define it in a way that you already accept. The perfect soulmate" she snorted a little and almost rolled her eyes "I'm sorry, but that isn't going to happen. You want honesty? I can't tell you what you want to know. You want someone real and true and you want someone who will let you and only you into their life. I can't do that"

"That's what you wanted to tell me?" I almost laughed. Even if I had it would have been fake. She let out another deep sigh.

"I don't like you, Grace. Not in the way you expect me to. I find it hard to explain without divulging into a separate subject entirely" she paused "

.....

"This isn't working" she paused before explaining "whatever is happening with us isn't working. In all honesty, Grace, I am doing this for entirely selfish reasons" another pause "I told you before that I didn't want to make an enemy of you. This isn't what I want. This isn't what I intended. But I am willing to accept my mistake" I scowled at her. "Being enemies isn't in either of our best interests. The relationship we have is a burden"

"Okay?" If I didn't know any better, I'd say she was avoiding the point of her conversation.

"I want to start over with you. I don't know what I'm asking of you, exactly. Understand that I still have no interest in being your friend. However, I don't want to be your enemy. I want to try being... Closer to you"

"What?" I breathed. I must have heard wrong. Hazel was being something too close to considerate for my liking.

"I don't know how to say it. I will try and fit into your life, if you believe that it will help, and I will try and accommodate you in mine" she stepped forward and took a seat on the bench beside me.

"So?" I was still trying to comprehend the idea of a friendlier Hazel.

"So, Grace, I will, if you think it will benefit you, try and be sociable with you and your friends. I will try to make myself less of a nuisance. I will try and make a sustainable relationship between us" not only was her suggestion completely unthought of, but her face being like three inches from mine didn't help at all. When I turned to face her, she could have easily just taken the inches away and kissed me. It probably wouldn't have helped her supposed cause, though.

--

After Hazel had slammed the door shut as loudly as she possibly could, I turned a bored death glare on Micha and Marley.

"The hell were you two thinking?!" I stated as calmly as I could. In reality, my voice was quivering with restraint.

"Sorry" Marley sighed halfheartedly. "We're all just done with you two going at each other's necks all the time" she excused.

"And you think that spending more time with her is going to improve the situation?!" I hissed.

"It can't make it much worse" Marley rolled her eyes. Micha elbowed her instantly, shooting her a 'you idiot! You should not have said that!' kind of look.

"It can't get much worse, she says" I seethed "of course it can get worse! It's Hazel! She hates you, and you, and frankly I think she is pretty damn close to just murdering me on the spot!" I pointed to each of them in turn.

I stopped and sighed loudly, trying to get my head back in the right place.'

"She isn't going to go off around all of us. She just won't do that. She will probably ignore me, Tatiana, and Marley, but if I'm in touch with Riley and Megan, she definitely isn't going to be too awful" Micha put in.

"Okay, but I still don't know what delusion caused you two to come up with this whole deal"