Chapter Twenty-Seven : Beautiful Nightmares

I felt something move against me, trap me with an arm. My first instinct was to flee, but this felt good... Perfect, even... And warm. Very warm. Very perfect.

So I stayed.

I caved into the other. I knew they were female, I could feel their soft chest against my back. Her legs tangled with mine, and her chin rested in the crook of my neck. She was breathing softly, each exhale tickled my sensitive skin.

And I stayed.

She stirred slightly, draping a leg over my waist and murmuring something in her sleep. My heart swelled with immense affection. She protested sleepily when I rolled over to face her. Her eyes shut, squeezed only a little in confusion after I'd moved her headrest. She nuzzled around to find a new place to rest, settling under my chin. I wrapped my arms around the sleeping girl and held her as close as I could. I filled my lungs with her scent of jasmine and a world after rain. She hummed and ran her nose over some of my jaw. I wanted so badly to kiss her and wake her up just to see her eyes come to life for only me, but she was nothing less of perfect where she lay asleep.

Still I stayed.

I buried my face in the soft shade of her hair and brushed my lips over her neck. With a tender sigh she melted into me. She began to trace her lips over my skin, searching until she was kissing me gently.

"Morning" she breathed onto my waiting lips. The pull of her voice shut my eyes and bewitched me. I brushed kisses over her face, her neck, her shoulders; and I felt her smile against my cheek.

For her I stayed.

She caressed my face with the back of her hand, flowing into her palms at my shoulders and wrapping her sleep heavy arms around my neck.

"I love you" her lips radiated heat onto mine. The air of her words filled my lungs. I beamed at her with eyes fluttering open. She was already starting at me with an endless ocean behind our three words.

And here I stay.

Two blurry shapes jump up onto our bed, childrens' laughter ringing in my ears. I smiled at them and felt the girl move again, she sat up and smiled down at me, laughing. I fell in love again with her laugh. She looked different now, foggier, but her eyes were the same, and in the two blurs the same droplets blazed with carefree joy.

I would stay forever.

Now she was chasing the apparitions while I looked on with timeless amor.

We were in a familiar place, full of bright colors and happy memories, spring bright and fresh in the air. It was perfect. Simply and utterly perfect.

"What?" She laughed, standing upright and combing her hair back with a hand. I only smiled more at the beautiful woman. "Grace," she mused "what are you smiling at?"

"You" I set down the warm mug I was holding, the cool air of a fresh season blew in through open doors. The laughter played again.

"Kids, keep doors shut!" She exclaimed with a hint of amusement. I put my arms around her neck and hugged her. "Baby, why the sudden-" I felt like kissing her. So I did. And she moaned softly, her body relaxed and conformed to mine.

"I love you" I whispered. She laughed and kissed me with renewed passion. Something wormed it's way between us and I was pulled off my love.

"We love you too" she giggled, hoisting one of the shadows into her arms. She gave me that look of pure, carefree, undying love. And I kissed her