Chapter Seven : Hazel 2.0

Back to Grace's P.O.V. **Special Copyright at end**

I hate her. I fucking hate her for all she is. And it all hurts. All I can think about is that look in her eyes, you'd expect that kind of look to be the last you see.

"Hey, come on, you're going to be fine" Robyn rubbed my shoulder. Marley was still suspended, and wouldn't be at school for the week... That or she was still 'recovering'. That's her way of saying that he arm is fine, but she wants to stay home anyway. So I am here with only Robbie, Vegetable, and madam make-my-life-a-living-hell.

"I am fine, Robbie. I'm just not fine enough to handle any more Hazel" I groaned and put my hands over my face. Cael was sitting on the floor in front of me, finishing an essay.

"Hey, you're alright. Everyone tells you to shut up, and you've never listened" Robyn tried to comfort me the way Marley would... But only Marley can make insults sweet. Robyn is better off being straight. Ha, ha... Funny... Sigh.

"No offense, Rob, but stick to the book" she gave me a concerned smile, thank god she didn't take it the wrong way.

"Thank you, I was dying inside, trying to Marley-talk you" she chuckled with the same worried humor. "Hey, see, you're okay. If Hazel is too stupid to see that-" I whimpered a little, that irritating squeak your throat or nose makes when your try to hold back a choke or sob. "Oh, sweetie..." She hugged me awkwardly, since she was trying to hug me in a position that would be more comfortable if she were even equal to my size.

She knew how fragile this was. She understood where the line between love and hate was, and she knew I was the arrow that split the bullseye. I hate hating her, hate liking her, hate insulting her, hate not being able to insult her- ugh! I want to hate her, dammit, I want to send her to hell and back around for torturing me like this. And I want to kill myself for thinking this way about her.

"Hey... Uh... Grace?" I knew that accent. I knew it too fucking well.

"Get lost" Cael hissed. Something wasn't right.

"I'm... Uh... I'm just here to make sure the girl is okay. She isn't here today, is she?"

"No. You shouldn't be either" I could feel Robyn's growl.

"Grace?" Someone blocked my light-er the light from the window. Robyn was grumbling and trying to keep me closed away from the off Hazel who was making it dark.

"What?" My voice came soft and shaky; between a hiss and a plea. I turned my head to face the evil girl, finding the sympathetic green-gray of Robyn's own regard on my way.

Blue eyes, black hair, irritatingly addictive accent, inhuman beauty, but not... Right. This was confirmed when she leaned forward and just about gave me a heart attack from shock and confusion. Our foreheads were not touching, but they were so close I could feel the heat radiating from her. Our eyes locked. Her hand snaked over my shoulder. She was warmer than I'd expect, and her touch reminded me of the creatures from The Host; those little soul things that are supposed to look and feel whimsical, but were really stronger than the whole of a human body. Delicate to the eyes, yet able to kill the person that sustained them in little under a moment.

"I'm sorry" she said simply, and walked away, but not without throwing an apologetic half-smile over her shoulder before she left. There was something very off about her. Aside from the obvious. I couldn't place it.

"What just happened...?" Cael was the first to speak.

"So that was the same person that dislocated Marley's arm?" Robyn followed.

"Maybe she was just in a shitty mood yesterday from her period or something... It happens to Grace" Cael mumbled in response. I was just too baffled to speak. "Grace, close your mouth before something flies into it" he added.