Author's Note: Kira Getting Emotional Again

God, I don't even know where to start...

About four years ago, I created the beginning of a story that will today be known as the next book in The Night School (series/trilogy?). Hazel and Grace were never a part of it, and the exact words I wrote have been typed into the preview for Newfond High.

Two or more years ago (according to the thing at the bottom of my bio), I joined wattpad. The Night School was one of my first ideas, hatched by the end of my 8th grade summer. Never could I have imagined this.

You readers have no idea how amazing it has been to go through this with you, everything in the story being written and responded to in real time and with your advice helping me forge a better story. That's one reason I love you guys.

I've had the privilege to chat with a lot of readers, writers, and wattpadders, and honestly it's been something I loved more than almost anything. There is really no way to convey how much I love you all and how sad I am that this journey, after years of my own personal development and development in the story (wow... Years. This book has been one of the only constants in my life), it's coming to the end of what I hope is just a chapter.

You all make writing so special and fun; I live for the comments I receive in the mornings when I pretend I'm asleep so I can pull out my phone from under my pillow when no one is looking and giggle at you people and your antics.

I'm begging you to read more and continue commenting on my and others' works. It's been an honor having so much reader interaction and it really breaks my heart to think that when a new chapter is posted for another book, I won't have you guys popping up with your comments, complaints, whining, cheering, and snark. Please don't break my heart; keep reading, keep commenting. It's addictive to be a recognized author, it really is.

Anyways. I'll never be able to say all you deserve, so I'm going to start with my secrets and author commentary section now...

1. Hazel and Grace's names were switched accidentally. Grace was supposed to be Hazel's name and Hazel's Grace's. The only reason we still call them that is because in chapter like three I was too lazy to go back and fix it.

2. A lot of people have shipped Marce / Graley / Grace x Marley, and honestly it always makes me laugh. Marley is based off my best friend (who is in reality straight as a 180° angle), and we have been a ship amongst our friends since before fetus Night School was conceived. Today we are 'married' platonically. And Marley is very happy with her MichaMeal.

3. Why do people always comment on the teacher's dismissal of the class in chapter one? Like, did I say something wrong?

4. Originally, Hazel was supposed to still be so ignorant about emotion after the whole March 21st showdown that she offered to pay Grace to come back to her. That didn't happen because Hazel decided to be difficult and learn quickly.

5. The only reason Hazel is allergic to chitin is because my bio teacher was explaining how insects (whose exoskeletons contain chitin) look an awful lot like cocoa beans in mass produced chocolate factories so baboom chitin in chocolate. I found it funny so Hazel is allergic to chocolate now.

6. I don't actually know what color I meant Grace's hair to be, but now it's brown.

7. Here's one for you weird ass pervs: after the whole Marcha almost sex scene, they did end up having sex because Marley caught (actually she overheard) Micha masturbating and she ended up helping her out and then they had sex. Never actually wrote it out but it did happen.