Deleted Scene No. 3: Chapter Thirty : Crayola

After somewhat of a déjà vu conversation with the two girls and another freak out from Robyn and Cael -who'd found the rest of the group and were already in the nook when I'd returned- the day was otherwise normal. Me being angry at Hazel, Hazel avoiding me, Micha and Marley trying to cheer me up, and the remaining two comforting me.

I'd gone home with Sawyer, but he got the idea that I was in a mood and we didn't talk much.

This leaves me sitting alone on my bed, staring at that stupid wall again. With those ridiculous rainbow unicorns and fairies. Stick figures and hand prints with dates written under each. It's idiotic. Why would you ever draw all that? It's hideous. The colors don't work together, the lines are messy, the land made no sense.

I just couldn't bring myself to paint over the damn thing. Every time I consider it, there is this image of a little girl with her brother drawing all over the wall. And every time I stop because I saw my childhood wall art painted over and I couldn't forget watching my petty work being made white and empty. It's like you build something so special and carefree and people just break it or erase it. If I ever meet the person who drew this... I'll keep it... Even if I don't know them, I can't destroy it.

"Grace? You okay?" Sawyer knocked quietly on my door.

"Feelings suck" I laughed bitterly "I can't change these walls, and I'm running in circles over this devil-spawn who hates me almost as much as I hate her" I lay back and hugged a pillow. "She kissed me again"

"Grace..." he sighed with that voice that makes you feel babied. That puts up a bright red flag that says he'll try and give me some help. Keyword: try. "I'm not even going to try to understand what you and what's-her-face have. I just want to make sure you know you're always welcome to talk to me. Mom and Dad should be back by spring break, and you know you can talk to them" he sat on the corner of my bed. "Don't let it get to you"

"Too late" I snorted. "Why else would I be emotional over that damn wall?" I chuckled to keep the confusion at bay.

"Many reasons. I'm going to be downstairs watching movies, if you ever want to come down and talk" he pat my leg gently before exiting. With a loud, boarder line sorrowful sigh I picked up my phone.