Chapter Three.

Chapter Three.

As the bell rang loudly in the unusually quiet classroom, both Alena and Lucy jumped out of their seats and made a beeline for the door that would lead them to freedom. The two girls have been quiet throughout the lesson, even Lucy had gotten on with her work which was very unlike her as she normally asked Alena to copy her notes. But that hadn't happened, it had been because they had both felt the burning stares of Dean and his friends in the back of their heads, and both had ignored their names being hissed from the back of the classroom.

"Alena! Lucy! Wait." Dean called from behind them as Alena grabbed Lucy by the hand and began to pull her through the sea of students that began pouring out of the classrooms close by, the two girls walked quickly and purposefully staying in the midst of all the people getting lost and out of sight so that Dean had no chance of catching us with the two. He was still calling their names behind them but his voice was faint over the roar of excited students as Alena pulled Lucy through the door that lead outside.

"What do you think he wants?" Lucy asked as Alena looked up at her friend to see that she was frowning a little whilst her eyes scanned the student car park in front of them.

"I don't know. But it can't be good; did you see when he came in that he was wiping blood from his bottom lip?" Alena shuddered as she resisted the urge to gag, blood had always made her sick and she often fainted at the sight of the red liquid if it was close enough to her.

"Yeah, I guess him and Daniel had a fight after we left." Lucy didn't sound so sure of herself and Alena guessed that the stand-off they had witnessed yesterday lunch time was nothing and that Lucy didn't think the two males fighting was so hot anymore.

"He over there." Alena hissed as she looked at Daniel who was stood by his red car, his eyes locked on the two of them as they pushed their way through the crowd.

"Was he meant to be giving you a ride home?" Lucy hissed as she shoved an unsuspecting year seven out of the way and sent him stumbling into a group of his friends.

"Not that I know of. We didn't arrange anything." Alena mumbled as she and Lucy rounded the corner of the car park and walked down the road and out of sight, the two visible relaxed once they no longer felt Daniel's burning gaze on them.

"Come on," Lucy slung her arm over Alena shoulder and pulled her into her side, the height difference obvious between the two as they continued to walk. "I just have to grab my bag and then we can get going to yours."

The two girls changed the subject on to something less stressing and puzzling as they both turned to the subject of tonight, what films they were going to watch, what food and drink they were going to have as well as whether or not to give each other a makeover. Alena enjoyed the subject change but in the back of her mind her thoughts were still turning over what had happened in the past two days. Daniel Smith had suddenly taken an interest in her and Lucy, as well as turning up at her house unexpected and driving her to school. His protective manner towards her and the unusual safe feeling her gave her that she had refused to acknowledge until now. Daniel's and Dean's strange stand-offs and constant fighting as well as the way they spoke and their choice of words. Alena felt an oncoming headache as she shook her head and focused on Lucy's rambling about a scary movie she wanted to watch.

"Have we got everything?" Alena asked as she looked around her kitchen, paying close attention to the sides that had once been covered in food and drink that both she and Lucy now cradled in their arms.

"I think that's everything." Lucy muttered as Alena turned to face her friend whose face was hidden behind the mountain of food that she carried in her arms.