Chapter Twelve.

Chapter Twelve.

Alena sat on the stairs with her hands tangled in her hair as she listened to the on going argument between her mum and grandparents. Alena and her mum had left the super market as soon as the could, abandoning their shopping trip for the safety of their home, during the car journey her mum had constantly asked if she was okay and Alena had always replied with the same answer, that she was fine because she was, she was a little shaken up but she was fine. When she had asked her mum about the two people that had helped her, Gwen and Vince, her mum had admitted that they were her parents, and therefore her grandparents. They had followed them home and as soon as Alena and her mum stepped into the house her dad was there looking relieved as he had taken Alena and her mum in his arms and squeezed them tightly, telling them how worried he had been and how happy he was that they were okay, Alena had seen that even the oracles and their husbands looked relieved at the sight of Alena and her mum, unharmed. But as soon as her grandparents had entered the room everything had gone tense, Alena's dad had pulled her mum to his side and slightly behind him as he glared as Gwen and Vince who had openly starred at the oracles who were watching them with open curiosity. Alena had been unofficially been sent to her room, to bathe but she couldn't go to her room knowing that her grandparents were downstairs.

"We looked everywhere for you, but you just disappeared. We regretted it every day that we sent you away because you wouldn't marry Darius." Alena could hear her grandmother pleading with her mum.

"I didn't love him, and I never would have even if I had stayed and married him. I don't care if you regret it; you shouldn't have forced me in the first place. I'd like you to leave." Her mums voice was deadly calm as she listened closely, pressing her ear to the wall hopping to hear their conversation better.

"We're not leaving we've just got you back. And we had a granddaughter that we didn't even know about not to mention she's special, she need's us just as much as you do." Her grandmother replied sounding alarmed.

"I haven't needed you for the past one hundred years and we haven't needed you for the past seventeen either. You can't just waltz back into my life and Alena's and expect me to forgive you after everything you did, I can't just forget." Alena's mum sounded furious as she mentally cringed, her mum had never sounded so angry even when Alena and Lucy had broken her favourite vase when they were little she hadn't been that angry.

"We just want to be a part of your life, we're so sorry, for everything we did we realised how wrong we were as soon as you left. Let us help you, we know there is going to be a war and we're not going to stand by and let you and Alena face it alone." Vince said, finally joining in the argument.

"We won't be alone, the oracles will help us." Alena's mum sounded so sure of herself.

"Tabitha already knows who Alena is and she knows people, she knows the majority of the dark ones Lisa, you can't go do this on your own, you stand more of a fighting chance if we help you, just let us, it's the least we can do." Vince spoke again.

"Just leave, I'll call you when I've thought about it, for now I just want to see if my daughters okay." Her mum spoke as Alena heard someone getting up from the sofa. Alena stood from the stairs and quietly ran up the stairs before running to her room here she quickly stripped and changed into her night clothes and threw herself on her bed as her mum opened her bedroom door.

"Is it okay if I come in?" She asked.

"Of course." Alena smiled as she slide herself under the covers and opened them up for her mum to climb into.

"How are you feeling?" She asked once she had climbed into the bed and Pulled Alena closely to her side.

"I'm fine." Alena yawned suddenly feeling tired with the day's events. The day had started out so perfectly with spending time with Samuel in library and as soon as she left the safety her brought her she had almost been taken by a dark one name Tabitha who she now knew was bad news judging by how Gwen and Vince had spoken about her as well as the reaction the oracles had had when her name had been mention when they first came into the house.