Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen.

"So a little birdy told me that you're going out with my brother tonight?" Daniel chuckled as he slid into the seat next to Alena at the lunch table.

It was now Wednesday and Alena could barely hold in her excitement for this afternoon, she had no idea where she and Samuel were going but it didn't really matter because she knew somewhere deep within her being that she would enjoy herself, she always enjoyed the time she spent with Samuel. He had texted and even phoned her since leaving her Monday evening, asking how her day had been and making conversation he had kept what they were doing tonight a secret Alena had also yet to find a dress to wear for the masked ball on Saturday and she was debating on whether or not to go, she could always wear the dress she wore to prom but she didn't know if it would be to formal or informal.

"Again." Scott joined in as he poked his head around Daniel so that he could grin at her.

"Maybe." Alena mumbled with a blush. She didn't know how everyone knew about her plans with Samuel she had only told her parents and Lucy and neither of them had said a word so she guessed that Samuel must have told Daniel which was understandable as he was his brother and Alena was Daniels friend.

"The blush says it all." Daniel teased as he gently pinched Alena's cheek.

"You're making me blush." Alena muttered as she swatted away Daniel's hand as if it were a fly.

"You two act like a married couple." Dean laughed as he sat on Alena's other side with his friends following him. Alena smiled at them all as they smiled back before joining a conversation with Daniel's friends. Alena was happy that Dean and Daniel now got along as did their friends, Alena wasn't sure if she would have been able to handle them constantly fighting especially as they were now friends.

"She wishes." Daniel snorted while Alena punched his arm and watched happily as he gently rubbed the spot where she had hit him with a pout on his face.

"You don't mind that I spend time with your brother?" Alena asked quietly as Daniel walked her to the changing rooms, Lucy was happily chatting with Dean behind them.

"Of course not, why would I?" He asked seeming a little taken aback by her question causing Alena to frown.

"I spend time with your brother; I thought that would've bothered you." Alena muttered.

"Of course it doesn't bother me," He laughed as they stopped at the pe office to see that all sports as well as training had been cancelled due to the bad weather. "Don't worry Ana, I'm glad it's you that with my brother and not someone else." Alena was touched by his words as she blushed.

"We're not together." She clarified as she turned around to face Dean and Lucy who were both beaming at the board and the idea of not having to do pe.

"Common room?" Dean asked them all as Alena and Luc shared a look; they had never gone into the common room unless it was to use the vending machines which were a rare occasion itself. The thought of going into the common room and sitting around for the next hour made Alena feel nervous, she didn't know what to expect and she knew it wouldn't be simple if her and Lucy walked in with both Dean and Daniel even if the majority of the school and sixth form knew who they were.

"Me and Alena will probably go to the library." Lucy smiled as she pulled on Alena's coat sleeve.

"No you two are coming with us." Dean said as he laced his hand with Alena's while pulling her in the direction of the common room. She looked over her shoulder to see that Daniel was dragging a very unimpressed Lucy with him.

"See that wasn't so bad." Dean grinned as they stood from where they were crowded around a table when the bell rang. It was true, the common room hadn't been so bad but that could have been because she and Lucy had been with Dean and Daniel who had strolled in with all the confidence in the world whilst leading them towards a table surrounded by comfy chairs. As they had sat down a number of their Dean and Daniels friends had moved from where they had been sat in the corner to sit with them. At first it had been awkward but after a while it had become more comfortable and Alena found herself relaxing and laughing at their friendly banter.