Chapter Six.

Chapter Six.

Alena shivered as she pulled the top over her head, she hated Wednesday and hated Wednesday's last block even more because she had pe, she wasn't the sporty type and it would take only one look at her to realise that, it didn't help that she only had t-shirts belonging to boys which dwarfed her small frame and shorts that stopped only mid-thigh, her old and dirty converses barely did anything to keep her feet warm.

"Do you think we will be outside today?" Lucy asked as she slowly began to peel off the shirt she wore.

"Probably, the sports hall is set up for the gym and dance shoes and the gym is being used for assessments." Alena shuddered as she thought about just how cold it was going to be outside as she remembered the warmth that radiated from Samuel when they had spent the day on the moors on Sunday. Alena tried not to feel embarrassed but she couldn't help it, Samuel hadn't called or text her and she felt stupid for ever thinking that someone like him would be interested in her; after all she was Plain Jain, nothing special about her other than her magic fingers.

"It's freezing outside, I'm surprised we haven't had any snow." Lucy shivered as Alena took in her friends outfight that was similar to hers.

"We better go." Alena sighed as she stood from where she had sat on the bench and walked through the two doors with Lucy behind her.

"Right guys, outside on the field for rounders. I'll be up in ten minutes." Mr Salmon called out as a number of groans sounded around the two girls who were both suppressing a groan of their own. The field was outside and towards the top end of the school which meant Alena would be freezing before she even got there. And when Mr Salmon said he would be ten minutes, he really meant half of the lesson.

"Ready to freeze to death?" Lucy muttered under her breath as she linked her arm through Alena's and the two girls walked closer together, sharing their body heat as the followed everyone outside. The cold air hit Alena like a tonne of bricks as she shivered closer to Lucy, her breath came out in a fog as she hurried up with Lucy, neither of them wanting to be the last one knowing that it would result in them having to do a lap or two of the field, even if Mr Salmon wouldn't be there for a while neither of them wanted to be caught out just in case he surprised them and came early.

"I hate Mr Salmon." Alena grumbled as the two walked onto the frozen ground of the field to see that they weren't the only class there. Alena could see from across the field that Daniel was training with the rest of the rugby team and that he was already making his way over to her with his friends at his side, a frown was on his face as Alena gently nudged Lucy to get her attention.

"What?" Lucy asked.

"Daniel's coming over." She answered through her teeth that now chattered together whilst her knees knocked a little, to say Alena was freezing would be an understatement.

"Oh and Chris too." Lucy said excitedly while Alena managed a tight smile at her friend's enthusiasm at seeing the dark haired boy walking at Daniels face.

"Alena, what are you wearing? Are you trying to freeze to death? Here." Daniel sounded angry as Alena's eyes widened at his sudden outburst. She watched dumbfounded as he shrugged off the jumper her wore and gently wrapped his hand around the top of her arm and pulled her out of Lucy's hold and closer to him, he easily pulled the jumper over her head and help thread her arms through their appropriate holes. Alena felt like a naughty child that had gone out without a coat on and Daniel was the over protective mother telling her off while dressing her. She was swimming in the material as she remained silent while Daniel rolled up the sleeves so that her hands could be seen.

"Aren't you going to be cold?" Alena asked as she pulled the jumper tighter around herself.

"I'll be fine. But seriously Ana? Oh," Daniel frowned as he took in her still freezing form, her knees continued to knock together while her lips chattered together. "Come here."