Chapter Ten.

Chapter Ten.

"No more, please." Alena begged as she placed her hands on her knees and breathe heavily, desperate to get some much needed air into her lungs.

Alena had found herself being shaken awake at five this morning by her mum who had given her only half an hour to get ready, and what she meant by ready was to get dressed in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, Alena had also chosen to wear Samuels jumper that she had yet to give back. She hadn't known why she had been woken up so early but she had been too tired to question it at the time, now she wished she had because then she could've said she wasn't feeling well and hopefully have missed the intense training she was currently participating in.

"They won't stop just because you're tired," Aurora said as Alena looked up to see that she was breathing calmly with a black expression, but she could see it the oracles blue eyes that she didn't like hurting Alena.

"That's exactly what they will be waiting for. For you to get tired and weak so that you will be easier to take down." Aria was a little out of breath but not a lot as she shook out her body.

"One more round and we will call it a day; we've been training for a couple of hours now." Adaleigh spoke. Alena had found out that she was the one in charge, or the authoritive figure when it came to the three oracles, she was well respected and the others looked up to her in moments of uncertainty.

"One more." Alena huffed as she stood up straight and shook out her sore muscles.

Alena watched as her mum and the oracles began to spread out, forming a square around her with them being the corners. This was new, Alena thought feeling dread wash over her. For the past three hours they had taken it in turns to teach her how to fight, or rather defend herself from an attack, which mainly consisted of Alena being punched, kicked and often thrown to the floor with their hands wrapped around her neck. She had lost count with how many times she would have died if it had been a real attack and that was just with fists, she dreaded to think what could happened with magic involved.

Alena saw movement out of the corner of her eyes as she spun on her heels to see that Aurora was running at her whilst Adaleigh ran at her from the side. She didn't know what to do as she ducked just in time to miss Aurora who had lunged at her taking out Adaleigh instead as the two went flying to the floor with their limbs tangled together. She quickly sprung to her feet just in time to catch a fist that Aria had thrown her way in the side of the face, she cried out in pain but raised her hand to catch her other fist and used her own momentum against her as she pulled her forward and sent her to the floor and on top of Adaleigh and Aurora who were sent to the ground once again with groans of pain. Alena turned so that she faced her mum who was watching her with a fond expression which hardened before she took off running at Alena, she didn't want to hurt her mum, she didn't want to hurt any of the oracles as she tensed her body and shut her eyes, bracing herself as her mum lunched at her and together the two went spiralling to the floor. Alena landed on the floor with an oomph escaping her lips as she head collided with the hard ground, instantly her mum hand her knees pressed again her throat and chest while the other pinned her hands above her head, she had lost and would most likely be dead if her mother had been someone who wanted to hurt her.

"That was an improvement." Adaleigh smiled as she appeared by her mum's side.

"Let's get you up and run you a nice hot bath." Her mum said softly as she climbed off of her and helped her up. Alena smiled greatly but she knew it was more a grimace as she walked back into the house with the help of her mum and Aria as she limped up the stairs and to her bedroom where she lay on her bed, to tired and sore to more. Her muscles ached and hurt to move, she could feel the many bruises already forming as she closed her eyes.