Chapter Thirty Two.

Chapter Thirty Two.

Samuel watched as Alena withered in pain on the ground. Her back arched upwards and her small chest heaved with desperate breathes, he could see from where he was being restrained by his father and uncle that she couldn't breathe. He had never felt so helpless in his entire life, he could only stand by and watch as Tabitha and Adrian tormented his mate. His wolf had wanted to break free and rip Tabitha limb from limb and he wanted nothing more than to allow his wolf to take over, but he couldn't. Tabitha had control over him as Alena lay on the floor unconscious and in pain as whimpers escaped her bloody lips, a scream every now and then piercing the garden.

It was clear to him and everyone around him that the time had come for Alena to make her decision. No one had known what would happened when the time came but now as he watched Alena, his little mate withered in pain on the ground his wished that he could hold her tight and take the pain away. It went against everything within him, as a mate and an Alpha to stand by helplessly while his mate withered in pain.

Tabitha was in a state of shock. Her already wild hair seemed to stick out in all different directions, the crazed look in her brown eyes made her appear wild. She wasn't sane. Everyone watched as Tabitha gripped her hair between his fists and pulled, a frustrating scream leaving her mouth as she starred down at Alena with hatred. Her plan had failed, she knew it, Adrian knew it, the witches and the rogues that had sided with her also knew it judging by the looks they were sharing with each other whilst some back away and towards the forest.

It was too late to turn and run away, Samuel and his pack would not allow them to escape. The hope of escaping that Samuel had seen in their eyes disappeared as Dean's pack burst through the forest behind them, masses of wolves growled and snapped at the rogues and witches that turned in fright. They were outnumbered and defenceless as the leader that they all turned to look at for support, for guidance drooped to her knees.

A clash of thunder sounded loudly above them as the already dark clouds seemed to turn a darker shade of grey. The heavens opened up as small drops of rain began to poor downs getting heavier and heavier until the rain made it hard to see even with the advanced eyesight that came with being a werewolf. The weather was slowly getting worse as the thunder increased and the flash of lightening could be seen. The rain soaking his entire being as well as everyone else. Alena screamed loudly causing many of the wolves from both Samuel's and Dean's pack to whimper at the hurt that could be heard.

Samuel's wolf whimpered inside of him, desperate to help his mate.

"No," Tabitha muttered before she looked up to the sky before screaming out loud. Adrian walked to her side, his expression unreadable as he reached out to place a comforting hand on his mother's shoulder.

"You've lost Tabitha," Samuel shouted from the crowd, his eyes zeroing in on his bloody and injured mate who was whimpering in pain, her back no longer arched upwards and her breaths strangled.

"No I haven't." Tabitha's voice was crazed as she turned where she kneeled to face Alena.

Samuel shook off the hold that his father and uncle had on him as he lunged forwards. He released the hold that he had on his wolf as he allowed him to break free from his mind and spread to every inch of his being. The familiar burning sensation and small pained that he felt every time he shifted took over before he was on all fours. The rain soaked his fur within seconds causing it to become heavy and thick but he ignore it as he pushed himself to run faster.

He didn't even shake out his fur as he ran towards where Tabitha was crawling along the floor to Alena. His pack and Dean's pack seemed to lung with him as they attacked the witches and rogues that remained still, not knowing what to do.