Chapter Eighteen.

Chapter Eighteen.

Alena suddenly found herself lying on the floor on her back, a surprised squeal escaping her lips as she hooked her legs around Samuel's waist and crossed them at the back. He loomed over her a hopeful glint in his chocolate eyes as she gazed up at him, he held his body weight on one of his arms that was placed to the side of her head and the other hand lightly caressed her cheek.

Their hot chocolates forgotten about as they starred at each other the rest of the world and their surroundings forgotten about, their eyes locked as Alena shivered under him from the intensity featuring in them. A light pink blush covering her cheeks and neck as she realized the intimate position that they were in. The fire lit up half of his face while the other half was shadowed over, she thought that he had never looked so handsome with his stubble coated chin and cheeks a swell as down his neck, his gaze smouldering. He looked better than he had when she saw him in a suit almost a week ago.

"Do you really mean that?" He asked, sounding a little unsure but hopeful at the same time. He was adorable and Alena couldn't help but reach up and wrap her arms around his neck and pulling him closer towards her face. She could feel him warm, chocolaty breath fanning against her face as she searched his eyes. She didn't know what she was looking for, but when she saw no hatered, annoyance or irritation at what she had down she boldly tightened her grip on him and lifted herself off of the ground so that their lips were only millimetres apart.

"I really mean that." She said shyly before closing her eyes and pressing her lips to his before she could chicken out. She knew that she had surprised Samuel with her comment and boldness and when he didn't respond she felt humiliated as she went to pull away, her legs loosening from around his waist and her arms about to drop to her sides when he wrapped his muscular arms around her back and pulled her flush against him. She squealed once again from the sudden movement as she latched onto him as he pressed his lips against hers.

It wasn't like the brief kiss that they had shared last week at the ball this was more intense, filled with so many thoughts and feelings that she found herself beginning to get light headed. She felt his tongue gently lick her bottom lip as she gladly allowed him entrance to her mouth, their tongues began to dance in a ritual that they both seemed to know as he dominated the kiss. She was thrilled that she had ignited such a kiss and the excitement that gathered in her stomach increased as she realised that the man who was kissing her with such roughness yet care and a gentle caress at the same time was hers. Mine, she thought to herself as she caved into submission as he took full control of the kiss. She was a little nervous and wary, maybe even a little scared at the whole mate thing that she had yet to understand and know everything about. All she knew that she was his and he was hers and that in itself was enough for her.

She pulled back breathless as he leant his forehead against her, her chest heaved against his as they both tried to catch their breath. She knew her heartbeat was wild and out of control and know that she knew that Samuel was part wolf she wouldn't doubt that he could hear it. Her skin seemed alive and on fire as tingles danced on the surface of her skin at the close contact between her and Samuel. She blushed a dark red as he starred down at her, his eyes seemed lighter than before, the golden flecks more noticeable and she wondered is her mind was playing tricks on her or if it was a wolf thing.

"That should be our first kiss." He muttered as he jutted out his chin so that he could press a soft kiss to her swollen lips. She hadn't realised that her hand's had tanglec themselves in his hair until they moved with his head as he lowered his lips to hers. She nodded in agreement; she didn't trust her voice just yet.

They lay there for a long time, the fire crackling beside them as she clung to him and he supported both of their weight, their eyes were locked and it seemed like they didn't need to talk, it was as if they were communicating through their eyes. She still had questions to ask and she was unsure of how to approach the subject of him being a werewolf and the whole mate bond. She opened her mouth to talk only to freeze as her stomach growled loudly signalling how hungry she now felt, she tried to fight the inevitable blush that made its way on to her face. It was odd as she hadn't felt hungry or tired, she hadn't even felt alive in the past week but now that she was with Samuel she suddenly felt hungry and tired and no longer like the living dead.