Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.

"Are you sure your parents won't mind us all being there?" Alena asked as she looked up at Daniel from where she sat in the passenger seat of his car with Dean and Lucy in the back.

Alena had spoken to her parents as well as the oracles last night when her friends had gone home and together they had talked through her worst fears such as choosing wrong and end up killing everyone. The oracles had said no one could decide but her and that they were sure that she would chose the rightly. They had also warned her and her parents that more witches would be around than usual as they would be drawn to the power that Alena was starting to project unknowingly. With the threat of both light and dark ones coming everyone else had decided that Alena's training would intensify in case she was ever attacked and she didn't to protect herself, both her mum and the oracles would spend time with her teaching her how to control her powers as well as defending herself. No one knew what was coming and so they couldn't train specifically all they knew was that something big was coming and that it was nothing they could prepare for.

The first thing Alena wanted to do was get some sense of normality back into her life and they meant going back to school with her friends, she had arranged for Daniel to pick her up in the morning telling her friends and parents that she felt better and she meant it, after talking with her parents and the oracles it didn't seem so terrifying with the support of her parents and the oracles it didn't seem so much to bare on her shoulders.

"Of course they won't mind," Daniel said as he looked away from the road to roll his eyes at her while Dean laughed from the back of the car. "They will be there but my dad will be in his office and my mum will probably be tidying something." Daniel said and Alena could sense a but coming, she hoped they wouldn't be intruding on something important or generally becoming an annoyance.

"But..." Lucy coached from the back of the car.

"I live in a community house as such. I mean it isn't just my family that lives there, Charlie, John, James and Chris also live with me." Daniel told them as Alena thought about what he said.

"Cool." She said with a grin, truly meaning it. Alena wasn't one to judge and she wasn't going to start judging Daniel because he lived in a community house, she honestly didn't care where he lived because he was her friend and she enjoyed him company.

"I also live in a community house." Dean added in from the back of the car as Alena turned in her seat so that she could smile at him, letting him know that she didn't care.

"Together?" Lucy asked, while Alena bit into her lower to lip to keep herself from laughing. Alena didn't have to be a genius to know that Daniel and Dean didn't live together, they had hated each other's guts until recently and she knew from rumours that they lived in different houses even though she wasn't one to normally listen to rumours that one she knew was true.

"No," Dean laughed as he shook his head at Lucy who seemed a little embarrassed as Alena laughed and turned back around in her seat to see that they were pulling up outside a house surrounded by forests. Alena felt her mouth pop open as she gaped at the house in front of her, she didn't know what she had been expecting but it certainly wasn't the mansion she was looking at now with its grey brick work and a number of floors while it was decorated with windows. The house itself seemed to radiate warmth as well as a homey feeling that welcomed her as she exited the car that had come to a halt.

"This is cool." Lucy said in awe as Alena nodded her head in agreement.

"If you two would like to close your mouths and come inside." Daniel's laughed as he appeared at Alena's side she stuck her tongue out at him like a child but followed him up the stairs and through the double doors. Inside was just as nice as the outside Alena noticed as she was instantly warmed with the hot air inside as the door was closed.