Chapter Thirteen.

Chapter Thirteen.

"Alena can you get the door please?" Her mum called from the kitchen.

Alena was sat on the sofa with her hair up in a messy bun, glasses sat on the edge of her nose which had been buried in a book, and she didn't normally need glasses only when she was reading for a long time. She had stayed at school for the rest of her day after her break down with Lucy at her side constantly with Daniel and Dean being their whenever they could be, she felt better than when she had woken up this morning and when she had gotten home she had told her parents everything, how she was feeling and they had understood, it had brought them closer. It had also given Alena the chance to talk to her mum and dad about her grandparents, what had happened and what was going to happen know that they were back.

"Sure." She got up off the sofa and pulled up one of her fluffy socks that had fallen down, before placing her book on the arm of the sofa and making her way to the door. The person behind the door was tall and muscular as she looked through the glass as she switched on the light and opened the door. Alena's breath caught in her throat as she saw Samuel standing in front of her dressed in a suit, looking attractive as ever as he held his hands behind his back, his head tilted forward with a smouldering look on her face that had her knees going weak as she gripped the door for support.

"Hi Sam," She smiled shyly as she watched his eyes trail up the length of her small body, she then realised what she was wearing wasn't appropriate to be answering the door as she blushed whilst looking at the cotton shorts she wore that stopped mid-thigh and the oversized jumper that dwarfed her body, she had odd fluffy socks on with one of the pulled up.

"Alena," He breathed his voice lower than normal causing a shiver of pleasure to run up Alena's spin as she shakily pushed her glasses further up her nose while a light blush coated her cheeks.

"Hi." She squeaked, knowing how stupid she sounded and she resisted the urge to face palm herself.

"I heard that you had a rough day so I wanted to make sure you were okay." He asked as he coughed to clear his throat, his voice was still deeper than usual but Alena could hear the concern in his tone. She knew that Daniel had most likely to Samuel about her breakdown today before school and she was a little thankful that he did, she would get to spend a few minutes with Samuel. Alena knew that she was starting to sound like some crazy stalker obsessing over a boy, or rather man, she had just meet but she didn't feel that it was wrong, maybe it was just Samuel and how natural it was to be around him and the feelings he stirred within her.

"Oh it was nothing, I'm fine." She sent him a reassuring smile, she had meant that she was fine and she hoped that he believed her.

"That's good to hear." He smiled at her.

"Alena's who's at the door?" Her mum asked as she appeared behind Alena, a smile instantly gracing her face as she saw Samuel stood in the door way.

"Hi Mrs Brown." Samuel smiled.

"Hi Samuel. It's good to see you so soon. Would you like to come in a join us for dinner? It won't be long." Her mum said as Alena looked at Samuel, secretly praying that he would say yes and join them for tea. She felt safe when he was around and after the day she had had yesterday she needed the comfort that he provided just by being around.

"If it's not too much bother?" Samuel said sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck all the while keeping a hand behind his back.

"Nonsense, come on in and out of the cold. I'll call you kids when it ready." Alena's mum said as she turned on her heels and left. Alena stepped back and opened the door wider for him as he stepped in and took off his smart shoes.