Chapter Thirty.

Chapter Thirty

Alena couldn't help but feel betrayed; she was hurt that her best friend stood in front of her with those who wanted to kill her. She now knew why Lucy had been ignoring her texts and calls because she had been too busy helping those who wanted to kill her. She wanted to make some excuse up for Lucy and why she had helped Tabitha but she knew there was no excuse, it was clear of Lucy's guilty face that she had willingly turned against her.

She starred at her best friend, unable to stop the hurt from showing on her face. Although she was hurt and betrayed she couldn't help the surge of anger she felt as she balled her hands into small fists at her side while she narrowed her eyes a Lucy. She felt as if something dark was seeping into her veins, clouding her judgement and taking over her movement. She wasn't a violent person and as she stood glaring at her best friend she desperately wanted to throw her to the other side of the garden where the pack wolves would deal with her.

She could hear the gasps around her as the pack members recognised who she was, growls bubbled through some of their chests as they realised that Lucy had betrayed her, that she had betrayed them all and assisted with the attack. She heard the sharp intake of breath from her mum as it finally clicked as to who the redhead was. The smirk on Tabitha's and Adrian's face was enough for her to know that they had wanted this; they had planned for this to happen.

It was as if Tabitha knew what was happening within her, the internal battle she was having with herself as she resisted the dark cloud that threatened to take over her entire being, the headache increased as she clenched her fists, he nails digging into the soft skin of her palms, threatening to break her skin. Alena knew what was happening, this dark haze was what Tabitha and the dark ones wanted to be set free within her, she guessed that this was the dark cloud that took control over the dark ones.

She looked up at her best friend, meeting her eyes as Lucy silently pleaded with her, her green eyes begging her to understand, hopping for forgiveness that Alena knew she would give. It didn't matter that Lucy had hurt her, betrayed her in so many way, she would always forgive Lucy. Her green eye glazed over with tears as Alena remembered the many time she had to comfort her crying best friend when her parents went through their divorce, when Lucy would cry on her shoulder blubbering that it was all her fault.

She relieved every heart breaking memory that she shared with her best friend, the ice cream they would share most Saturdays that they struggled to finish, the many Fridays that they shared watching movies, eating pizza and endless about or sweets and chocolate, all of the lessons they shared laughing and gossiping with each other instead of doing their work. The memories were painful to relieve as she now realised that they meant nothing to the person she had shared them with. Alena friends with Lucy obviously meant more to her than it ever did to Lucy as she shut her eyes to keep herself from crying.

The thought of crying tears over someone who didn't deserve them only made Alena angry as she allowed the black cloud to consume more of her being. She opened her eyes and glared at those that stood in front of her, gasps could be heard from the crowd as Tabitha and Adrian gapped, she didn't understand why they we starring at her, starring at her eyes but she didn't care.

"Alena, you have to fight it." Lucy cried as she stumbled forwards as if to try at reach her. She watched as Adrian grabbed then ends of Lucy's hair and pulled her back, a cry of pain escaping Lucy as she grabbed his hands that had fisted in her hair.

"It's sad really, your friendship over within seconds." Tabitha mused as she smiled brightly at Alena, it was clear that she had recovered from her earlier moment of shock and back to taunting Alena.

"Alena it's not what you think." Lucy cried out as Adrian yanked her head back roughly, another cry escaping her lips as growls from the pack could be heard. She wanted to angry at the pack for getting angry at Adrian's abuse but she didn't blame them, women were respected and Adrian was mistreating Lucy in front of everyone.