Chapter Fifteen.

Chapter Fifteen.

Alena watched Aurora and Aria from the corner of her eye while she saw that her mum and Adaleigh in front of her. It was Saturday and they were training once again, this time they weren't physically fighting but rather using their magic. Alena knew that she stood no chance against her mum and an oracle let alone all four of them but she wasn't going to give up. She couldn't afford to be weak, especially in training when she was only getting a small taster of what it would really be like to be up against a number of dark ones.

All four of them placed their hands out in front of them, preparing to use a spell that Alena knew she would not be able to block as she two placed her hands out in front of her. She didn't give it a second thought as she focused on the air around her and gathering all the strength she could muster she forced it away from her and projected it around her as she watched her parents and the oracles fly backwards and land a few feet away from where they had been standing. Alena stood, to shocked to do anything as she gaped at what had just happened because of her. She was only half witch which meant she shouldn't have been able to possess such strength in her magic yet she had been able to through people away with relative ease.

"I'm so sorry." She gushed regaining herself as she hurried forward to help her mum to her feet. "I don't know what happened, I didn't mean to. I'm sorry." She continued as she hurried made her way around the square to help all the oracles to their feet. Once they were all on their feet and huddled together Alena couldn't bring herself to look at either them without feeling guilty at what she had done.

"Child, look at us." Adaleigh said softly while Alena shook her head, tears welling in her eyes. She hadn't been able to control herself which resulted in others getting hurt something she hated, she wasn't a violent person and the thought of something stronger being inside of her than she had known scared her, terrified her to no end.

"I'm really sorry; I didn't mean to hurt you." She mumbled desperately trying not to break down sobbing.

"Oh Alena," Her mum sighed as she found herself wrapped on her mums arms, she quickly returned her mums embrace while peeking over her mums shoulders to see that all of the oracles were smiling widely at her despite what she had done.

"Child what you did was truly remarkable, you should never be sorry for showing your true powers, embrace it rather than fight it." Adaleigh smiled at her while Alena nodded her head, not know what to say she pulled away from her mum who was smiling proudly at her.

"Now a little birdy told us that you had a date tonight. A masked ball." Aria said while she sighed loudly as if it was the most romantic thing in the world. At the mention of her date tonight Alena blushed while narrowing her eyes at her mum, it wasn't a big deal that she was going on a date tonight and that was why she hadn't told everyone but her mum seemed to have told everyone that was in her path.

"What are you going to wear?" Aurora asked sounding a little excited.

"I haven't really thought of that, I don't have anything." She admitted sheepishly as she looked at her mum for help.

"Don't you worry about a thing, we will sort you out. Just go have a bath and get ready. What time are you going?" Aria butted in as everyone looked at her to see that she was like an excited kid on Christmas.

"I'm getting picked up at six." Alena told them. Although Samuel himself wasn't picking her which made her feel a little disappointed that someone else who was no doubt a stranger picking her up she understood that it was his dads ball for charity and being his son he couldn't turn up late to pick up his date. Samuel had been texting and even calling her all week to see how she was, they often found a lot to talk about other than the normal small talk that consisted of asking how each others day was and how if they were okay. Samuel had said that he was sorry for not picking her up but had assured her that someone would be at her house to pick her up at six which was the start of the ball which meant she would probably be a little late.