Chapter Twenty Eight.

Alena shivered violently as another shiver ran through her entire body, from the tips of her toes to her hair line.

After Darius had thrown her against they wall and Frank had threatened him and all of the other witches and her mums announcement Samuel had carried her up the many flight of stairs to their room and decided that she didn't a rest. She hasn't complained as her back had heart and her head had started to pound. At first she had tolerated the pain whilst Samuel made a fuss but it had only gotten worse and she had developed a fever not long after that. Samuel had been worried and called for the pack doctor who looked her over and said what she already knew, she had developed a fever and it was because of the up coming decision that she had to make.

She had been told to stay in bed but she couldn't, it was obvious that time was limited and so she had spent the past few days with her parents in one of the living room away from the rest of the house whilst she spent as much time as she could with them despite Samuel's protests. She had spent her time curled up on the sofa wrapped in blankets whilst she shivered from the cold before she had to unwrap herself from them and the other layers she put on and sit alone as she sweated from the heat. She had done it a few times in the past two days under her parents worried gazed but she refused to leave them. Samuel had only allowed to let her stay if he carried her down every morning to eat breakfast before taking her to the living room with her parents, he would spend lunch with them all before going away and only returning when it was dark to take her to bed where she would eat soup and fall asleep in his arms.

Her mum and dad had spoken to her about Darius and explained everything that she already knew. It was clear that they were trying to avoid him and she couldn't blame them, she was to as she knew despite her fever she would do something she would regret. Her parents will still angry for what he had done to her and it was best for everyone if they weren't in the same room together.

She did feel a little sorry for Darius but then she understood how her mum couldn't marry someone she didn't love as she would have done the same.

She was now lying in Samuel's bed shivering violently as Daniel and Dean lay next to her with worried glances on their faces. She slowly wiggled her body closer to Dean as Daniel moved as well so that she was sandwiched between them as she soaked in the warmth that radiated from both of their bodies.

They were worried about her just as everyone else was and she had to send Samuel away to talk about the pack with Frank so that he would stop fussing around her.

"I think we should get Samuel." Dean worriedly gazed from her to Daniel.

"No," her teeth chattered together as she weakly protested.

As much as she ached from Samuel's presence her needed to tend to his pack with Frank as well as spending as much time as he could with his family as no one knew what was going to happened tomorrow.

She shivered again but not from her fever but from the thought of tomorrow. She knew that tomorrow would be the day of her choosing and the day of the inevitable fight. She still didn't want anyone to fight for her and get hurt or possibly lose their life because of her but she had long ago given up that fight with Samuel and everyone. She could only do her best to protect everyone even if that meant putting her own life in harms way.

"Alena," Dean sighed worriedly.

"I'm fine." She muttered as her shivers subsided and she finally relaxed her tense body.

"If it happens again I'm getting Sam." Daniel warned as he looked down at her.

She nodded her head and slowly pulled her arms out from under the covers so that she held her phone in her hand that she had been holding before her body started to shiver.